Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so right now i know this guy that has complete turbo kit for the zx7 and older zx9 that he built himself and cost about $7,500 for him to build years ago. it has hilborn fuel injector kit, ALL the wiring needed, accel dfi programmers ecu, custom made exhaust headers and pipes, Mitsubishi turbo and blowoff valve and bigger fuel pump, welbro i believe. which i have worked out a deal with this guy since im like the only one in the whole state that has the bike this thing will fit, but there is this 2002 cbr954rr that would be about that same in price for what they guy wants for the turbo kit. If i get the turbo kit what kind of hp and torque am i looking at with the stock engine? he states with stock compression at 10.8:1 the engine can handle ~6psi safely. a thicker head gasket and retard the timing and he states ~12psi, but im keeping it stock everything. the cbr954rr is lighter and has about 160hp at crank right now so about 130ish to the wheel and if i get the cbr i would have to sell my zx750 since i cant really afford two motorcycles. any opinions and ideas of the power rang for the turbo would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think most people have ZX7s because of the way they look and their heritage.

For outright performance your definately better off going with something newer and larger capacity.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think the 954 is one of the hottest bikes ever made...all the right curves in all the right places! But if you're trying to smoke the latest and greatest from the asian, then you're better off with buying a (much) newer bike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts