Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a buddy that's restoring a '92 ZX7R. He found a wire harness on E-bay for an 89. Will the 89 harness fit the 92? If not what harnesses are compatible with the 92? I have a 96 P model so I have no clue.

Thanks in advance,
D-Patt

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Hey guys, I have a buddy that's restoring a '92 ZX7R. He found a wire harness on E-bay for an 89. Will the 89 harness fit the 92? If not what harnesses are compatible with the 92? I have a 96 P model so I have no clue.

Thanks in advance,
D-Patt

If it's a real 92 ZX7R (K model) then ONLY 91-92 ZX7R (K Model) wire harnesses will interchange. You can modify any 91-95 harness to work but you will need the igniter box connector for the K model to splice into the wire harness. You'd also need the wire diagrams for the K bike and whichever bike the harness is coming from. If you're using a Dyna 200 ignition then it becaomes simpler but still requires someone with auto wiring experience.It won't be a simple plug and play affair.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's a real 92 ZX7R (K model) then ONLY 91-92 ZX7R (K Model) wire harnesses will interchange. You can modify any 91-95 harness to work but you will need the igniter box connector for the K model to splice into the wire harness. You'd also need the wire diagrams for the K bike and whichever bike the harness is coming from. If you're using a Dyna 200 ignition then it becaomes simpler but still requires someone with auto wiring experience.It won't be a simple plug and play affair.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts