Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The friend of mine i picked up my 91 k from was saying tonight that there was a small number of the K bikes that were set up from the factory in solid green with PM wheels,brake rotors and calipers and were sold as "team bikes' or something along those lines. I guess my question is ,is there any truth to that? The bike in mention looks almost identical to the top bike on the airtech 91-92 page. http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/kawiz/ZX7R1991-92.htm

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
The friend of mine i picked up my 91 k from was saying tonight that there was a small number of the K bikes that were set up from the factory in solid green with PM wheels,brake rotors and calipers and were sold as "team bikes' or something along those lines. I guess my question is ,is there any truth to that? The bike in mention looks almost identical to the top bike on the airtech 91-92 page. http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/kawiz/ZX7R1991-92.htm
Not to my knowledge. The first time anything close to that was offered was 1997 or 1998 when Muzzy offered the Raptor to the public. Before that he would sometimes lease or sell bikes to racers,but not the public. Dale Quarterly was the most obvious example of this. His "Ninja Turtle" ZX7R's of the early 90's were supposedly Muzzy bikes but I have no official knowledge of that being true either. Steve Crevier supposedly used Muzzy Superbikes to race the Canadian Superbike series in the early 90's as well. Again, I don't know for fact if this is true. To my knowledge the closest you could get to a "team bike" in those days is what you have ( an off the showroom 91-92 ZX7R).

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
What about a factory solid green paint scheme for 91R's?
No such animal. All 91-94 ZX7R's in the U.S. were green,blue and white from the factory.In Europe, and who knows where else, there was a green,red and white version available. It looks cool in the pictures but I've never seen one in person.

·
6,652 Posts
My stance would be that if this did occur, the only way it makes it a bike as much or more valuable that the factory colors is to have some kind of backup of the setup from a documented, reputable source (i.e. Kawasaki themselves). In addition, it is pretty easy to tell if the fairings are a repaint. I would recommend pulling one of the side fairings and performing a detailed inspection.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi
There may be some truth to your statment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12085529604...46&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&vxp=mtr

i won this auction on ebay a week ago.BUT the seller put both items in a home made box that he got from home depot and made one box out of 2 boxes so he could save a buck on shipping. so the tail section was smashed to hell and the tank rec 8 dents. if you look at the tailsection it has the factor foam and the paint. when i opened the box and looked at the broken pile of s**t it did look like a factor paint underside but it was fiberglass.

if you buy from motogpworks make sure you tell him to pack it well
this guy is the biggest liar i never ask for a 50 % refund like he put in his feeback i wanted a full refund.

Reply by motogpworks (Feb-20-12 10:58):
asked for a 50% refund due to being broken in shipping ,i agreed & left bad feed. he is full of s**t

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sucks on the tail and tank deal. I was going to bid on those myself but money was just a little to tight when the auction ended. As far as my fairings they are airtech so they have already been replaced. Oh well as far as my bike being a "special" or "limited addition'. Either way I'm basically building a clone to the one on Airtechs 91-92 page.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts