Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys haven't been on here for a while...guess thats good cause I usually key in with you guys when something is wrong with my bike. My bike is getting hot quick.
I have new thermostat and flushed my radiator/burped it as well I use water wetter and water. My town is nicknamed stop light city so I don't have to tell you I spend some time at idle on my way out of town and back to my house.
I'm worried it is my water pump as I have my fan on a toggle switch and usually just leave it on while I'm riding. I ran my bike with the hose leading to my waterpump off and was manually feeding fluid, it swirled around like the propeller was running but it didn't seem to go anywhere like my pump is not allowing it to move freely or i have some blockage in my motor???
Has anyone delt with this or know what is going on it is a very frustrating problem
Thanks guys
Jake

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Uhh, Define hot. Sometimes what people think is the bike running "hot" is actually well within temp specs.

My P-Model's frame gets too hot to comfortably touch, but it will run like that all day long.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hot as in Coolant bubbling in my reservoir and coming out of my overflow and my stock temp gauge is garbage it stopped working about the same time this overheating problem arose...been saving for a digital temp/tac

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Most likely you have a clogged radiator. To check this simply put your hand on different parts lf the radiator if you can keep your hand on it for more than a second when the engine is warmed up you have a problem.the temp sensor is usually in the radiator so if it's clogged the temp gauge won't work right.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Water Wetter doesn't raise the boiling point of water.

That combined with any possible leaks in the system allowing air in will cause your "coolant" to start boiling at a lower temp than what it would if you actually had coolant in there. That is one place to start, assuming everything else is functional.

Make sure the radiator isn't all plugged up either, inside and out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see so I should start with flushing my radiator again and filling the system with 50/50 and burping properly? have you heard anything about the new synthetic coolant, supposed to work better too?
If air is allowed into the system would this be letting fluid out? I dont have any leaks

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
synthetic coolant?

That's retarded, coolant is "synthetic" to begin with. It isn't like there is some drilling operation somewhere pumping up antifreeze out of the ground.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking the same thing just saw an ad for it that said it was the shit but if it's not working off the regular shit then something is wrong im going to burp it again and make sure there is no air in it and see if it improves

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Are you sure you didnt see an ad for synthetic coolant OIL? Like, cutting oils and shit?

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
I see so I should start with flushing my radiator again and filling the system with 50/50 and burping properly? have you heard anything about the new synthetic coolant, supposed to work better too?
If air is allowed into the system would this be letting fluid out? I dont have any leaks
Pure water will never cool as well as 50/50 water/antifreeze mix. Do the 50/50 and add Water Wetter for best results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts