Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off what is it with people deciding to hack these wiring harnesses all to peices?

Ok I need help from the all knowing powers of the ZX gods(you guys) I have a 1991 ZX7(I think) also believe it to be the J model, I bought it from a guy that apparently did his wiring with a side grinder and hammer, I've priced most of it back together and purchased what I believe is the right ecu, it has 6 prong on the big plug and 4 on the small one, is this the right one for a '91??? Also the previous owner hocked the gauge cluster for a bag of weed, now at first I thought no big deal but now I'm wondering does the 91-92's need the gauges to run??? If so is there anyway to bypass the gauges??? I'm sorry if these questions have been asked before, I've read for hours here already but I can't seem to find what I need, can someone...anyone! Please help!? :banghead:runaway

·
6,851 Posts
First off what is it with people deciding to hack these wiring harnesses all to peices?

Ok I need help from the all knowing powers of the ZX gods(you guys) I have a 1991 ZX7(I think) also believe it to be the J model, I bought it from a guy that apparently did his wiring with a side grinder and hammer, I've priced most of it back together and purchased what I believe is the right ecu, it has 6 prong on the big plug and 4 on the small one, is this the right one for a '91??? Also the previous owner hocked the gauge cluster for a bag of weed, now at first I thought no big deal but now I'm wondering does the 91-92's need the gauges to run??? If so is there anyway to bypass the gauges??? I'm sorry if these questions have been asked before, I've read for hours here already but I can't seem to find what I need, can someone...anyone! Please help!? :banghead:runaway
Tweeker/Dumbass/Bored/DAMN POS Kawasaki wiring that always fails so he hacked it

ECU is unique for the J model (and different than the unique K model), so if it fits it is the right one.

I have started a couple ZX7s without gauges, so you should be fine. You will need to jump a few things if the handlebar switches are missing though.

Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics so we can see the new toy!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tweeker/Dumbass/Bored/DAMN POS Kawasaki wiring that always fails so he hacked it

ECU is unique for the J model (and different than the unique K model), so if it fits it is the right one.

I have started a couple ZX7s without gauges, so you should be fine. You will need to jump a few things if the handlebar switches are missing though.

Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics so we can see the new toy!!
Will do ill try, Is there an app for my phone that I can post pics with? All my pics are on my phone, I also have a gixxr fighter that I ride to work everyday, thanks bro!

·
Registered
210 Posts
it looks like you have a fox shock for the K1. and if you want i have a spare harness for the J1
i will sell $25 + shipping.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks fellas, ill keep ya in mind....um don't mean to ask a stupid question, but Fox Shock? I'm still in the process of testing some stuff, what's the best way to test the pick up?

Sent from my iPhone by GixMix rider

1 - 8 of 8 Posts