Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I currently have 3 of these bikes and I am restoring them one by one. I have a 91 and a 92 J model and a 92 K model, (still looking for a nice 91 K model to complete my collection of these). Anyways what I'm looking for is a couple of sets of the air tubes that go from the upper into the tank, these are getting really hard to find. Also, you know the black plastic trim pieces that mount in between the fairings and the frame? I need some of those as well. I believe there are 2 on the left and 2 on the right. I would like to find another K model rear shock and a exhaust hanger as well. If anyone has any of this stuff please pm me and we will work something out. Also, if you just have any extra parts that are just laying around that you may want rid of hit me up as well.

Thanks guys!!
Subzero
(Chris)
:crazyloco

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Good luck with the restorations. I wish I had links to part5s for you but I don't. Good luck with the builds and please post some pictures of them.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in the process of fixing up a 92 also..i think the 91/92s are awesome. Does anybody have any cheap fairings and maybe a tank by anychance? Also i have a bunch of 93 zx7 parts pretty much everything but a motor and i think two sets of side fairings, assuming 93, but idk. Let me know ninja masters!

·
Registered
188 Posts
i have an extra 92 J tank...its not in the best condition...no dents, but theres some rust inside, along with no cap.

its also been painted orange...i got in on trade with some other junk..lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Haha as long as theres no dents i suppose. I heard that you can buy a kit to somehow resurface or coat the inside of the tank..is this true? Or what would be the best way to get rid of/fix the rust inside?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ive got the hoover tubes for 91 your looking for. In great condition. Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just started rebuilding my 92 k.
Ive posted on here..zx750k first bike build if you wanna check it out...lol.

I have no idea on the take stuff.. :-/

·
Registered
17 Posts
this is my first also..same bike and everything. i wonder if ill get as lucky as you and discover mine's bored to the brim lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well get some pics up... maybe can get a dbl build going on this forum...haha...

We might even acquire a small amount of knowledge some of these gurus have on here too... :)

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone got any any 91-92 K model parts? Shock, Sub-frame, exhaust hanger?

·
Registered
17 Posts
wil do haha actually it will be a triple build because of subzero. n pf ive already gained more knowledge here than anywhere else..in fact, i got another one; whats the difference between the k and j models in the 91-92's?

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
point exactly lol thanks 2fat. Ive been really busy with work n whatnot, but somehow you guys got me motivated to go open back up the garage n really get crackin on my zx7 J. its in pieces but i am going to go grab some pictures of the 92 7 n 93 7r n put them up for the hell of it

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Alright f*ck the 93 for now ig lol does anybody have a 92 front fairing with the upper holes for the spaceship tubes?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts