Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,875 Posts
Not sure I've seen one quite like that before but the principles are the same that is a vacuum pet cock the lack of vacuum (engine off) should stop the flow of fuel . You either need a new petcock or a rebuild kit for that one . If you can't get one @ the dealer e-bay has kits but they kind of suck .

· Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Sometimes the spring that holds the diaphragm closed looses it's tension so there isn't a good seal.

Open it up. If the rubber diaphragm isn't all chewed up, you can stretch the spring a little bit and see if it makes a difference.

Agree with the post above. The ones on ebay tend to be crap.

· Registered
2 Posts
It is a vacuum petcock, that button is to "prime" the engine, by pressing it like a pump, its 'sucking' fuel from the tank to the carbs...and I need a rebuild kit for mine too...

· Registered
1 Posts
I have had a similar issue where the dripping valve floods my airbox with fuel.

I have to pop the fuel hose and turn the button to stop it until it finds a seal.

Anyone with a good source on a rebuild kit, please feel free to share

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I purchased a manual petcock on ebay for a KZ550 KZ400 KZ440 LTD KZ 400 550 PETCOCK FUEL VALVE sold by BROWNFAMILYRACING

It was a perfect fit and solved my issue by using a manual petcock instead of the vacuum one!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.