Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
im new to this forum i have a 87 zx600 i no its older but i love the ol bike, it runs great idles good and sits there and puuurrss like a kitten but i cannot ride it.
when in neutral the bike will not rev over 6000 rpm and riding it it will not go over 3000 rpm ive tried all i no i need help!!!

if anyone knows or thinks they know what this is please help me
thank you

·
27,825 Posts
Have you checked anything to help narrow the problem down. It sounds like possibly a fuel pump problem. Check the fuel pump pressure and see what you have!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm guessing that you have either a fuel restriction or just gummed up carbs. I don't think there is a fuel pump just flow via gravity from the tank. That's how my 87 zx750 is at least. There is also a screen inside the tank on the petcock that might be restricting the flow. I had a similar problem with my bike recently because the fuel had been sitting in my tank for about year and a half. It was pretty low so I added some fresh fuel along with some fuel system cleaner and it cleared it ride up after maybe 2 different tries of starting cold and warming it up and trying to see how high I get the rpms once at operating temp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts