Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rofl I just bought a new 07 zx yesterday Hooray! Man I love this bike!
Problem is I am 6'5" 228 and have a 36" inseam! To say the least it is a bit cramped! I traded in an FJR 1300 which was much more comfortble (but not near as exciting) I read that the Buell footpegs will help... Which pegs do I buy and do i need to modify them to fit? I read the thread about the Corbin extenders along with the Buell pegs but it seems they make you ride pigeon toed..

This bike is fantastic but after about 40 minutes I'm hurting! I'm 52 and in good shape but no way I could ride this thing very long with the current setup.. I have also ordered the heli Bar risers.. it kinda hurts to lean too far forward because of an old Motocross accident 22 years ago that cracked my sternum and collapsed my lung (it never healed properly)

If someone can steer me to a site that show how to modift the Buell pegs I would appreciate it.. Thanks Mark in Corpus Christi Tx

·
Registered
3 Posts
get the heli bar risers and do the corbin pegs add a puig double bubble wind shield and enjoy.900 mile days no problem from somebody old and hurts when they bend over.......me

·
Registered
40 Posts
wonder if i could use corbin lowering peg links with buel pegs for a 2.5 in' lower?at 6.9' tall i could use it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm 6'4, 300 myself...at first I thought I needed to drop the pegs, so I bought some buell pegs. Once I installed them, I realized that I liked the stock setup better. For some reason, dropping the pegs tended to make me put more weight on my arms and wrists, which made for shorter rides before I had to pull over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts