Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy an 05 zx636, blue if possible...Im new to this and I was wondering if you guys could throw out a ballpark of what I should pay for one, good shape...around 5k miles I guess

thanks alot!

·
Registered
649 Posts
5K ish.... if it's in premo condition.

does it have sliders installed?
how do the tires look, have they been replaced yet?
any aftermarket stuff, or is it stock?
how's the brake fluid look?
how does the chain look, dirty or clean? has it been lubed regulaly?
is there a service history with the bike?

somewhere on here there is a very extensive thread on buying a used bike. Good luck , those are great bikes!!!!!!!!:mfclap

·
Registered
1 Posts
5K ish.... if it's in premo condition.

does it have sliders installed?
how do the tires look, have they been replaced yet?
any aftermarket stuff, or is it stock?
how's the brake fluid look?
how does the chain look, dirty or clean? has it been lubed regulaly?
is there a service history with the bike?

somewhere on here there is a very extensive thread on buying a used bike. Good luck , those are great bikes!!!!!!!!:mfclap
you'ld be immensely lucky to get an 05 636 in pristine condition for that price. $6000 is the fair rate with just a "sprinkle" of luck, 6,300 is the average.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you're looking at the number for sale by "laidout" for $5,500.00 in the Buy & Sell forum; it looks good from the pic but you need to get as much history as you can & inspect it in person. That guy's location is listed as Alaska :headscratch Better get going now so you can be back before the snow flies. Hopefully it's in storage somewhere a little closer if you're interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keith Code Superbike School sells off there ZX-6R every two years. These bikes have been rode hard, but mantained well. Average mileage 7,000 miles the price is $5,800 and it includes the racing body work and the street body work. I just bought one in May when they were in Virginia at the VIR race track. Great bike, great buy. I will sell all the street body work, head light, and stock tail section for about $1,000 on ebay. My cost for a great track bike $4,800. I attended Aaron Stevenson's Cornerspeed School last week and this 2005 ZX-6R 636 smoked everything on the track except a tricked out GSXR-1000 with a great rider on it. You can't beat this little brother of the ZX-10R.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a blue 05 636 original owner with only 800 miles and I would never part with it but I would think 6,000 would be fair. The original owner thing is good to look at, I'm 32 with wife and kids (as the 800 miles in 2 years shows) so watch who u buy it from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts