Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since my gixxer was stolen I need a new track bike. I want to try something new and don't want to pay alot again so I've been looking at the 636.

I was wondering how long these things tend to go for.

Most around here are around 10k miles, so how do all of your guys' ninjas at around that mileage?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
As long as the oil changes were done on time, usually everything is fine. Every 15k miles is the valve inspection (no adjustment is usually ever necessary) and they will continue to run strong. After 20k miles, expect mild electrical issues here and there. My past experiences have shown that while the motor and mechanics may always be maintained and in good working condition, electrical stuff just seems to happen past the 20k mark.

That said, the bike should run good as long as it has a good service history. Check for reciepts, and try to get one with an extended warranty for peace of mind.

My ZX-12R had 36k miles on it when I sold it and it still have 18 months left on the extended warranty so the new owner was covered should anything go wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
oh yeah, I forgot to mention :welcome to the forum Casan0vuh

Keep us posted on what you end up doing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
beansbaxter said:
oh yeah, I forgot to mention :welcome to the forum Casan0vuh

Keep us posted on what you end up doing.
Im Gsxrrg on cf.com/nsr incase you recognize me maybe haha

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Casan0vuh said:
Im Gsxrrg on cf.com/nsr incase you recognize me maybe haha
yeah I've seen ya on there as well. glad to have ya here too.

pass the word along to your fellow Kawi riders.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yea :welcome to the Kawi family Casan0vuh!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey guys and gals out there. Great to be here. So what does the newbie have to do hehehehehe.

Anybody out here know how long the slipper clutch is supposed to last on the 05 ZX6R? I dont lift the front or ride the clutch at all. I ride fast as the bike goes but i dont do tricks on it. If you guys know then cool, thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
whokilledkenny said:
Hey guys and gals out there. Great to be here. So what does the newbie have to do hehehehehe.

Anybody out here know how long the slipper clutch is supposed to last on the 05 ZX6R? I dont lift the front or ride the clutch at all. I ride fast as the bike goes but i dont do tricks on it. If you guys know then cool, thanks.
I'd like to know as well. :headscrat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts