Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys have any of you had an issues with the ecu getting to hot and shutting the bike down while riding?
Ive heard and read somethings of people haveing this issue because the ecu is getting to hot from the exhaust.
And they swap it out for a 06 ecu.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys have any of you had an issues with the ecu getting to hot and shutting the bike down while riding?
Ive heard and read somethings of people haveing this issue because the ecu is getting to hot from the exhaust.

You could swap it out or try to wrap it in some type of heat shield like foil or something made for cars.
The only other thing to do is do a ECU flash and set the fan to come on sooner, that is the coolant fan. Hope something works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You could swap it out or try to wrap it in some type of heat shield like foil or something made for cars.
The only other thing to do is do a ECU flash and set the fan to come on sooner, that is the coolant fan. Hope something works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the process of looking for a 06 ecu and going to heat warp the exhaust

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. I have a 06 with the exhaust running under the tail without any ecu heating issues and i ride it for 4-5hrs at a time covering 300-400km's. Are you sure its not a fuel pump wiring issue as they break the loom to the fuel pump giving occasional lose of fuel and cutting out and also check the wires on the back of the ignition switch as they sometimes break with the twisting of the steering head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts