Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Bayliss down 60 points, and the consistency of Toseland, he is going to have to finish ahead of Toseland every race to have the likely chance of winning this year. And looking at the riders in front of Bayliss, they are not too bad either...

What do you think?

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I was Troy I'd be more worried about losing my finger or my gonads.
But then, I'm not Troy.
There's a few with a look in at the moment...too early to tell.
Should start to fall into place after a couple more rounds.
I'd give Biaggi a good chance, he's being Mr Consistency. You can win a championship without winning a race, it's been done before.
Haga's a bit too INconsistent, I think he's just trying too hard
Corser doesn't seem to have it together this year, he's only midfield most races. Doesn't seem to be able to conserve his tires.
Bayliss has got a big struggle to win races and for Toseland to NOT finish races, just to catch up. There's no way he'll catch up by winning every race if Toseland keeps coming second or third.
The rest, unfortunately, are just also rans, who can put on a good show at the odd circuit, like Xaus last week driven on by his home crowd.
Unfortunately it only takes a big wipeout on a first corner and the tables are turned.
We shall see!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think Ducati have already acknowleged that the V-twin has reached it's full potential by threatening to pull out next year if they will not be allowed to race the 1200cc 1098.

All wins this year on the Ducati (Bayliss, Xaus, etc.) will be pure rider skill on selected tracks, plus a little luck from time to time.

Therefore I don't think Bayliss will be able to catch up.

I can't understand why Ducati don't put a V-4 version of their GP bike on the road!!!! Imagine a V4 999R7! or will it be a 10-00? That will keep them another couple of years in the Superbikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts