Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one done a 520 kit to there 6r...Im looking at doing on over the winter when i do the rest of my mods that are Akrapovic Full RACE Exhaust System with Hex Can, Dynojet Power Commander III USB, the ECU jumper mood and then a 520 kit

im just not sure what is the best chain and Sprockets to get

I know most of them are all good but i want the to know what you think

help me out

·
Banned
528 Posts
i have a 520 kit on my 04 6r and i love it, i have -1 +2 from stock, my sprockets are made by afam and my chain is a DID gold series, it's lighter and it turns faster than the chain, if u go with the 520 kit get a chain with the most strenght and also go with steel sprockets they are stronger than aluminum

·
Registered
494 Posts
The whole point to fitting a 520 chain is that you've dropped a couple of fractions of a lb off the weight of the bike. And reduced a SMALL amount of reciprocating mass. Basically if you're trying to get 1/20th of a second of extra speed on the track, this might be the way to do it.

The trade off is shorter chain life... having to replace your chain more often.

So what you really need to ask yourself is - do you really need to lose that 1/10th of a lb of chain weight?

And if you're going to drop chain sizes, you might as well go for aluminum sprockets because hell... you're just cancelling out any gains you just made by converting to a 520 chain if you go with steels.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The hole reason i would change would be for the gearing...i cant find no one that makes sprockets for the stock chain yet....can only find 520 sprockets...not 525...
As someone else already said, we are 520 STOCK! But the stock chain is pretty short, if you go to even a +2 rear, you need a new chain.

·
Banned
528 Posts
hmmm...thats weird cause i coulda swore someone on here a month or so ago that we were 525 stock...i dunno oh well...
just look at your sprockets are chain to make sure guy's, thats what i did when i bought my 04

·
Registered
234 Posts
Per the service manual page 11-4, the OE chain type is an ENUMA (EK) EK520MVXL1, 112 links. That is a "Premium Quadra-X Ring Chain" in 520 pitch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts