Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am a Ninja 500r owner. I purchased the bike early last summer and have put about 8,000 miles on the bike thus far. I am not new to riding, but the 500 was my first Sport Bike, and I already feel I have outgrown, or at the very least gotten a bit bored with the 500.

I want to step up to a more powerful, and more aggressive bike, and I have heard a lot of good things about the ZX-6R being probably the next logical step.

I guess what I am wanting to know, is what are the biggest difference I will notice between the two bikes, my 500r and the ZX, and why should I choose say a ZX-6R over say a CBR600 or other 600cc class SS bike?

Thank you in advance.

DgreJ

·
Registered
649 Posts
The 600 is going to have a lot more power than the 5. don't under estimate it!!!!!!!! As far as why stay Green???? Cuz it rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazyloco

·
Registered
330 Posts
More power; better handling; better stopping power - all around just more of what you're looking for.

We all be Kawi bias round these parts but honestly; read up all you can on info. covering the 600 class bikes, depending on what year you're looking to get and you decide. Usually; you'll just know when you see/sit on them which one is for you. Best of luck - you won't be disappointed :crazyloco

·
Registered
4 Posts
I currently am a Ninja 500r owner. I purchased the bike early last summer and have put about 8,000 miles on the bike thus far. I am not new to riding, but the 500 was my first Sport Bike, and I already feel I have outgrown, or at the very least gotten a bit bored with the 500.

I want to step up to a more powerful, and more aggressive bike, and I have heard a lot of good things about the ZX-6R being probably the next logical step.

I guess what I am wanting to know, is what are the biggest difference I will notice between the two bikes, my 500r and the ZX, and why should I choose say a ZX-6R over say a CBR600 or other 600cc class SS bike?

Thank you in advance.

DgreJ
I was in the same boat, had an 500ex ninja for 2 years, my pop wouldnt let me move up till I could scrape the pegs. Jus got the 07 ZX6-R. The biggest difference is the seating position & torque. Only complaint bout my new baby is compared to the 500 the seat is hard as hell. :squint

·
Registered
990 Posts
The 6R will be better at everything compared to the 500 - brakes, power, handling, etc

The difference between the Kawasaki & the Honda is not much on the 2007 bikes, just pick the Ninja :crazyloco

·
Registered
264 Posts
By all means jump on all the 600's and see what you like. All the big 4 have great machines. Read the reviews and do a little bench racing with some guys from the local hang out and see what they say. After you put this info together then there wont be any second guessing when you pull up on your new Kawi :thumbup

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had a 500R for 2 years prior to getting my 07 6R. It's a hell of a difference. Seating position is a biggie as was mentioned. I had to drop my 500 off at the guy's place who bought it from me after having the 6R for a week and it felt soooo strange to sit on and even more to ride. Also suspension action, huge change there. The 6R's is much more firm. The 500R would dip it's nose with the slightest application of the brakes, not so on the 6R.

As to which one to get, I'd say the only potential other choice would be the Daytona 675 because who wants to ride a Honda *cough* ugly bike *cough*? :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ditto to the "...Honda*cough* ugly bike *cough*

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New or Used

Is there an advantage or disadvantage to going the route of used or new.

I am not concerned about cost, but isn't new just "Better"?

Also... is the ZX-6R the logical choice for wanting a big boost up from the 500r, and still having a bike that won't get boring right away.

- DgreJ

·
Registered
330 Posts
Don't think you'll get bored real quick going to the 600 sportbike class from your current ride. With new; you know what you have in terms of how it's been treated. Recent model used (Kawi anyway) you get 36 more cc's and pay a little less money. It's a personal choice I think. Also with used, you might get some mods included that you're gonna want to put on a new bike anyway??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts