Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I am wondering what is involved in the 500 mile check on a 2007 ZX10R. The shop that I bought the bike from is not mechanically trustworthy as was evident with how the bike was sent home with me. I have experience working on bikes but need to know what I need to check over. I look forward to any advice you can give to me.

·
Registered
990 Posts
afskypilot

Welcome to the forum.

If you have a handbook with the bike (usually kept under the seat) it will list the 500 mile service items in the maintenance schedule.

From memory it includes an oil & filter change & checking fluid levels plus nuts & bolts for security.

If you feel the dealer has not done the PDI properly then check that all items that need lubricating have been done properly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I have read that doing this myself rather than having the dealer do it will void the warranty. Is this true?

·
Registered
80 Posts
pay the people their money and get it done, its much safer, even though its really painful dishing out the dinero! Shop around different dealerships and get the best quote, i payed $155 for the 600 mile service on my zx6r

·
Registered
57 Posts
pay the people their money and get it done, its much safer, even though its really painful dishing out the dinero! Shop around different dealerships and get the best quote, i payed $155 for the 600 mile service on my zx6r

That's what is aggravating! They don't do squat except give it a friggin visual check and change the damn oil. :rant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts