Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,
I came out at lunchtime to show the girl to a friend and noticed a few drops under the kickstand. Closer examination revealed they were coming from what appear to be a crankcase breather tube(?) that ends right over the spring on the stand. There were also a couple of drops of fuel at the end of another tube right next to the first one. It was VERY hot here today, as high as 106 degrees. Can anyone tell me if I am seeing normal stuff?
Also, I am going to have her serviced in another 100 miles. The dealer is going to replace the "glove box" or have big trouble on his hands. The thing is impossible to open with one hand. You almost have to pry the lid up with your other hand Anyone else having either of these problems?

Darren

·
Registered
261 Posts
I puke oil and fuel at about 104 degrees.... the bike doesn't leak a drop.

Maybe I should just mail you my box.. mine works fine.. its only purpose Under my tank bag is.. the owners manual in a plastic baggie, and a charge cable for the mp3
player if needed. Oh yeah.. and a list of all emergency rooms in the country..

Jerry

·
Registered
261 Posts
Seriously now...

Try taking the mounting screws loose, maybe a turn each at a time.. and keep trying the lid checking for improvment.. I'm starting to wonder if they are "racked" in there.. .or is it just a bad injection piece of plastic.. If you see improvement just snug all th screws.. maybe son of kong put yours together Dar...

How many goats got new homes?

Jerry

·
Registered
85 Posts
In hot weather, my POS glovebox gets very hot and I suspect it's getting warped. Mine's getting harder to open all the time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes the glovebox has gone through some changes since I've first opened it. Definitely seems like a heat-related problem. I hope they offer us something better over the next few months. Go back to work Kawasaki engineers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My glove box doesn't open either without assistance - a 2 handed job. Reported it at the 1st service. They agreed it should be replaced and are awaiting approval from Kawasaki UK. Clearly some design or manufacturing problem. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. 80 more miles and she will be in for the first service, and I now have some common ammo to make use of.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Keep in mind heat will expand fuel, depending on your fuel level it may have gone into the drain hose.
No issues with my glove box although it's pretty much useless for me. Wish they would've put one on each side of the upper fairing area like the FJR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts