Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did install a dynejet stage 1 kit on my bike its runs and it pulls good over 3500-4000rpm but under 3500rpm if i twist full throttle it strats to rumble and at one point 1500-2000rpm i twisted full throttle and the bike just shutdown.
Needle? Too much gas? Did not change the idle jet or anything just the main jets, needles, and the airplug things

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did install a dynejet stage 1 kit on my bike its runs and it pulls good over 3500-4000rpm but under 3500rpm if i twist full throttle it strats to rumble and at one point 1500-2000rpm i twisted full throttle and the bike just shutdown after the rumble.
Needle? Too much gas? Did not change the idle jet or anything just the main jets, needles, and the airplug things
The orginal jetting was 190 on the outer carbs and 170 inner carbs, old needle clips was on the 3 space on the needle same as the dynojet kits needles have it. I try it with choke and it got worse so im thinking its running too rich, lower the needle right? Or change the mainjets lower. Its running now 190 main jets and it pulls like crazy on top end better than the old jets. But with the old jets there was not this problem on the low rpms. On neutral it revs normally but with load it starts to do this, if you accelarate slowly max, 2/4 throttle to 4000 rpms and and then give full throttle it pulls like normal and acts 3500rpm-13000rpm just like it shoud.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,798 Posts
The orginal jetting was 190 on the outer carbs and 170 inner carbs, old needle clips was on the 3 space on the needle same as the dynojet kits needles have it. I try it with choke and it got worse so im thinking its running too rich, lower the needle right? Or change the mainjets lower. Its running now 190 main jets and it pulls like crazy on top end better than the old jets. But with the old jets there was not this problem on the low rpms. On neutral it revs normally but with load it starts to do this, if you accelarate slowly max, 2/4 throttle to 4000 rpms and and then give full throttle it pulls like normal and acts 3500rpm-13000rpm just like it shoud.
Lower the needle by 1 slot

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Just saw something here. you should have the bigger jets on the inner carbs (2 & 3) and the smaller jets on the outer carbs (1&4) when staggering the jets

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
The OEM stock needles are not adjustable with clips. Also, stock jets are 170-180-180-170. Personally not a big fan of DJ kits and prefer Factory Pro. Simple install and runs like a top.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
The OEM stock needles are not adjustable with clips. Also, stock jets are 170-180-180-170. Personally not a big fan of DJ kits and prefer Factory Pro. Simple install and runs like a top.
@Blainethemono would agree with you

Reactions: ninjanut
1 - 6 of 6 Posts