Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my second RR next weekend. Not perfect with the frame and bodywork painted, but it is all there.

·
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was one quite similar to this one on eBay. This one I do know some of the history and am pretty sure it was not on. Sadly, this one was an impound bike and painted a few months ago. I cannot believe someone would let a bike this rare go to the impound auction.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It's a rare bike.... But a rare bike that isn't worth much. It certainly isn't an RC30 or RC45 for that matter.

I'm sure not Very many realize the significance of the N model ZX7RR.

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Those RCs give me wood. 30, 45, 51.... I'll take all.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Pause it at 2:50-51 for uncontrollable urges to hump titanium objects.

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
I have a friend whose track bike is an RC51. I recently sent him my knee pucks since I'll never use them. He has removed all the original bodywork and bolted up some cheaper race-type plastic so it won't hurt so much when he falls. Some moron on a Ducati parked it in a turn and caused him to crash, but the cheapo body panels held up fairly well. He was also able to find a dented tank on fleabay, so he stored the original along with the original exhaust pipes. When it's done as a track bike, he plans on putting it back to stock and keeping it in his living room.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Oh yeah, especially the RC51. I've wanted one for years and would still pick one up if the right opportunity came along.
Almost picked one up last Summer... love the RC51... there's one on Craiglist with rashed fairings for $2500... so damn tempting

Josh

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice pick up! The up side to finding such a bike is you can do whatever you want to it without any regret for molesting a stock bike. If I had it I would build an era correct Muzzy replica!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts