Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing my rod bearings on my crankshaft but can't seem to find any on line other than oem and I don't know exactly what they are called. Technical term can anybody please help me

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,719 Posts
I am replacing my rod bearings on my crankshaft but can't seem to find any on line other than oem and I don't know exactly what they are called. Technical term can anybody please help me
Is this a help people out forum or what

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somebody loosened my oil drain plug and I didn't know this. So when I went for a ride my oil drain plug vibrated out and all my oil as well. Started making some loud grinding noises so I pulled over and looked underneath my bike and saw all my oil all over my bike. Thank you everyone that replied I was kind of hopeless about this whole thing since it's new to me forums that is

·
Premium Member
2,828 Posts
Rod bearings are called rod bearings (bushings).
If the motor ran without oil, you will be needing a lot more parts than that. Crank bearings? Crank? Rods? Motor? It will not be just rod bearings.
Also, since 92 replied one day later, maybe be more patient. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,719 Posts
Somebody loosened my oil drain plug and I didn't know this. So when I went for a ride my oil drain plug vibrated out and all my oil as well. Started making some loud grinding noises so I pulled over and looked underneath my bike and saw all my oil all over my bike. Thank you everyone that replied I was kind of hopeless about this whole thing since it's new to me forums that is
Rod bearings are called rod bearings (bushings).
If the motor ran without oil, you will be needing a lot more parts than that. Crank bearings? Crank? Rods? Motor? It will not be just rod bearings.
Also, since 92 replied one day later, maybe be more patient. 🤷‍♂️
I'm with @ninjanut . You're going to need crank bearings, crank (machined if it's save-able), Con Rods, Con Rod bearings and possibly the lower crankcase (short block). The easiest and most cost effective thing to do is to find a good donor motor or bike with a donor motor and swap it in. Sell your original motor as a parts motor to re-coup some of the cost back.

Reactions: ninjanut
1 - 7 of 7 Posts