Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2016 10R and while reading yesterday I noticed the gear selector rattling when coming to a stop. There is a fair amount of play on the selector when moving it in towards the engine and outward sort of play - I suspected the shift pedal mounting bold was loose but seems not.

I took the peg off and inspected the shift pedal mounting bolt (the one with the allen key facing the swingarm) and that seems tight and fine, all spacers in place. The shift rod is also tight on all 3 lock nuts as well as the shift lever clamping bolt.

Is this normal "play" inward/outward???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Take a pic and point out where the free play is..I have a spare set of oem rearsets (actually have 2 spare sets) for the gen 5. Doubt that will be the issue. Look to where the whole get down attaches to the spline going into the engine. I'll take a pic. Check and see if it has free play there cause that wouldn't exactly be a good thing. It should maybe wiggle about 1 mil either way but that's it. I have a tiny tiny bit of play in the entire thing but there needs to be or it would likely bind...as for rattle or noise coming from it. I have never noticed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I just took a short video and seems I can't upload that. It's the gear shift peddle that moves in towards the engine and out. The shift shaft going into the engine is fine. So what my vid was going to show was that if you grab the shifter where your toe would go and pull straight out and push back in towards the bike is where the "play" is at. Hope that makes sense

Gotta admit I havn't had a new bike for years, my other bike is a ZX7R and the gear shifter does not move anywhere near this much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts