Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new and I've been looking to purchase a ZX-14R, I have an eye on one bike in VA (I'm in NYC) to replace my stolen ZX-10R,Im REALLY looking for a 30th anniversary model becuase i love the color scheme. Im in talks with a dealership in VA, they can sell me the bike (listed in link) for a total of (selling for 7600+taxes and such = ) $9100. I kinda don't wanna pay that high for a bike with 20K miles on it and a power commander (with some dents and chips on the bike as seen in the pics and talked with the dealer) with whatever settings it could have and being dropped/ Possibly crashed and parts replaced (confirmed to have been dropped by the dealership). I've not had great dealings with dealerships, from my triumph which had some issues, and my car was over paid for, so I just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed again.

Any advise?

Link to bike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From your description I wouldn't pay that kind of money
Sounds like your price shopping and you'll get what you pay for in bikes

How was your car over paid for?
I originally financed the max years because i need a car to get to work and my previous car crapped out on me, so the dealerships got me on crazy interest on top of paying like 23k for the car, After a year I paid the car off completely.

Anyways, I have the cash to pay for the bike, I plan on buying it out right. I'm just not sure if that is a good price for that bike or not, dont wanna overpay then have issues down the line later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
go compare the prices on Cycle Trader
I found it from Cycle trader

Trade in value about $7000 and retail about $10,000.
Price kind of high with those miles and dings and dents especially that front fender.
Missing rear seat cowl.
Yeah thats whats bothering me, ive seen other bikes for the same price or a little more with way less miles and no visible issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked at that exact bike, spoke to the dealer several times. It's rough, big chip missing on front fender, scratches all over the 30th ani badge, scratches on the mirrors. High mileage for year, just too rough for that money plus the dealer wants $599 in fees!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked at that exact bike, spoke to the dealer several times. It's rough, big chip missing on front fender, scratches all over the 30th ani badge, scratches on the mirrors. High mileage for year, just too rough for that money plus the dealer wants $599 in fees!
Yeah I went ahead and Got a different ZX-14R, almost 17k miles but a much cleaner bike

·
Registered
3 Posts
From a great little bike shop in Lebanon, PA.

Looking at the pictures of yours, its got the Ohlins rear suspension... nice!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was shopping for a 14. Any dealer is gonna want too much obviously. And all the extra fees are ridiculous.
I’ve owned so many bikes the one thing I can tell you is get the one you really want even if it’s maybe priced a bit too high. Of course don’t get railroaded

so I just helped you in no way. Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts