Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014 zx-14r - SOLD

SOLD

$10,000. Orange/Black, like new with no damage, scratches, etc. Under 2,400 miles and oil & filter changed in March to Mobile 1 Full Synthetic at the end of March. ABS, Traction Control, two Power Modes, etc. Extras include Two Brothers Black Series exhaust, Genmar 1" Bar Risers, Knight Design 1 3/8" lowered pegs, Grip Buddies, lever foam, custom tag bracket, Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windscreen, Silver emblems removed and replaced with Black relocated emblems, wheel decals, Black steering/fork bolts caps, frame plugs, Kaoko Throttle Lock, and extra Double Bubble Windscreen and Corbin seat, as well as a new Orange/Black HJC Helmet (size Large). Bike is covered and garage kept in Palm Coast FL. It needs nothing and I have the clear title in hand. I also have the owner's manual, both original keys and the key tag with code. Email me for pictures since I cannot upload them no matter what I try!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Didn't you just get it? Going back to a Blackbird? I'm in the market for a ZX14 so curious what you didn't like about the bike.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I guess I got too used to riding a Bird and since I don't ride much and only want one bike I feel the best thing to do is sell it. I love the way it looks but after 4 windscreens, a couple seats, lowered pegs, higher bars, etc. I just don't feel as comfortable as I want to .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my 2000 Bird and a 2008 ZX14 at the same time. The Bird was nice but the suspension was subpar as were the brakes and the clutch. Bird only had 18k miles when I sold it. The only reason I sold the ZX was that I got it for a ridiculous price and flipped it. Made $2700 on that bike just by storing it for the winter. Knew I wasn't going to get my money back on the Bird so kept it for a bit longer. Regretted selling the ZX but money talks. Haven't ridden a 14R but if it's half as nice as the 2008 ZX I'm sure I'll be happy. Good luck with the sale and finding a Bird that meets your needs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found a couple Birds that I could live with and am talking to the sellers now - I can buy one and keep 2 bikes for a while until I sell the ZX. I never rode an 1st Gen ZX14 so I cannot compare those to my 2nd Gen one but it has an extra fan, ABS, TC and other goodies along with more power.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$9600 net and I got to keep a lot of the extras that I am going to sell to make $200-300 more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts