Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike was left sitting for a few months outside. We've tried exchanging the bad gas for fresh gas and charging up the battery so far. The starter runs and the fuel pump can be heard priming, but the motor never cranks or turns over. Just to clarify, the kickstand is up and it is in neutral. Are there any obvious things to check first?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Need to clear up what your implying :unsure:
If you can hear the Starter working when you hit the start button then I assume the Engine is turning over (cranking) but won't run.
Or do you mean the Starter is working but the Engine is not turning over in which case it could be the starter clutch if faulty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need to clear up what your implying :unsure:
If you can hear the Starter working when you hit the start button then I assume the Engine is turning over (cranking) but won't run.
Or do you mean the Starter is working but the Engine is not turning over in which case it could be the starter clutch if faulty.
Maybe i'm not clear on the correct terminology, but the starter motor itself works great and it sounds healthy / normal. The engine however does not seem to do anything at all. If the engine is "turning over" then I have no idea how to tell. The engine doesn't make any noise or show any signs at all that it's attempting to run.

·
Registered
241 Posts
OK easy way to see if the Motor is turning is to remove the Alternator cover Bung and see if the hex bolt head inside rotates when you hit the Start Button.
Bung Arrowed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK easy way to see if the Motor is turning is to remove the Alternator cover Bung and see if the hex bolt head inside rotates when you hit the Start Button.
Bung Arrowed.

I'll give that a shot. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts