Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to see factory HID and LED lighting, electronic suspension(passenger, solo sport,race modes), KTRC, removable tail section for solo riding, and maybe lightweight multi spoke rims similar to the new zx14r. These are just thoughts...what would you guys like to see?:crazyloco

· Premium Member
8,270 Posts
i'd rather then not add too much. keeps the price lower. more gsxrs get sold to younger folk (like myself) who can't afford the nicer kawasakis

· Registered
219 Posts
My prediction 600cc.... two wheels... black as a color option choice...

Would be nice too see a functional stabilizer ... traction control option.. tire pressure monitor... stock exhaust that does not look like ass.... adjustable rear sets....

What I expect to see.... new color options

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Braided stainless brake lines. Ohlins. Forged wheels. :crazyloco

· Registered
34 Posts
Suspension! Please Kawasaki switch to a shock that actually works, the current stock unitrack shock from the '09 on is basically garbage with not enough damping available for fast riding. The BPF forks are okay with fairly good, but not great feel. Maybe different valving or springs would improve the front end feel. After suspension, then a better looking exhaust. After that not much else really, I like the bike the way it is.

· Registered
1,466 Posts
I think the rear shock is fine.

What I'd like to see?

Pre-drilled bolts for safety wiring, captive spacers, magnesium wheels, folding levers, single sided swing arm, 30 more HP, and drop 60 pounds.

Too much?
-Cody

· Registered
1,891 Posts
I think the rear shock is fine.

What I'd like to see?

Pre-drilled bolts for safety wiring, captive spacers, magnesium wheels, folding levers, single sided swing arm, 30 more HP, and drop 60 pounds.

Too much?
-Cody
I don't think that's too much to ask for lol.

I would like to see adjustable rearsets and a nicer exhaust, other then that I
don't think anything should really change. So on that note, what I see happening is nothing but more color options and maybe a SE model.

· Registered
1,466 Posts
the thing about adjustable rear sets and a nicer exhaust is that I'd probably replace both anyway. Especially true of the exhaust.
-Cody

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
My prediction 600cc.... two wheels... black as a color option choice...

Would be nice too see a functional stabilizer ... traction control option.. tire pressure monitor... stock exhaust that does not look like ass.... adjustable rear sets....

What I expect to see.... new color options
hell no on the tire pressure monitor. If you want those, buy them aftermarket. Otherwise they just add too much BS to the bike. Dont you wind up getting FI lights and crap when those are removed on some (all?) bikes with them equipped?

· Registered
219 Posts
hell no on the tire pressure monitor. If you want those, buy them aftermarket. Otherwise they just add too much BS to the bike. Dont you wind up getting FI lights and crap when those are removed on some (all?) bikes with them equipped?
couldn't say I've never had a bike with them from the factory... but if thats your mentality towards it then there are some other non essentials that kawi adds that increases weight... I hardly doubt that there are many users on this forum *not saying there aren't any just not 90% of them* that will notice any difference from the bike having an added 2 pounds.. I like to think I'm a "decent" rider however I know I wouldn't notice the difference...

if kawi was serious about dropping weight you wouldn't save so much by dropping the stock exhaust.

*ninja edit*

Id much rather have the weight from tire pressure monitors than a usless lap time feature

· Registered
219 Posts
one other thing that I have never understood not coming factory would be a built in battery tender... its the small things that make me happy.. just make it easily re moveable for those that wouldn't want it

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
Has nothing to do with weight, (I ride a ZX7R and prefer its weight afterall) has everything to do with the fact that they are expensive as fuck to replace, dont last forever, and attempting to remove them causes you to get a trouble code.

If you are always buying bikes new, and dont keep them more than a few years it is never a problem. For the rest of us who buy used those things are a giant pain in the ass.

Someone was telling me about how the ones in vettes dont have replaceable batteries, and you have to buy new units. And you have to, because the cars wont pass emissions due to the check engine light being on. And they cost a couple hundred a piece.

Not to mention they are unreliable, inaccurate, and make balancing the wheels a pain.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.