Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Arguably the busa is the closest competition for the zx14 and 14r. I just read a small snippet on the 2013 busa and there saying that they are upgrading the brakes to brembo and adding an available abs option . My biggest question to you is , is this enough to keep up in todays market place ? Part of me says if people are still buying it , milk it for what its worth . The gung ho part of me says to get rid of that old ugly pos . Here is a link http://blogs.motorcyclistonline.com/2013-suzuki-hayabusa-and-gsx-r-news-from-eicma-30137.html.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
....how bout this...for 2013...
:lol

The 2013 with the ABS and brake upgrade...all good...it's a cool bike...I like the Black/grey one myself...though the White aint too shabby either.Classic powerbike....guys love em.I ALMOST went with the Busa way back when I was shopping for a sportbike((04)...always was 'attracted' to the Busa...got the zx12R instead...glad I did now.That 12R was a FUN bike...very.It could DEFINITELY corner with those Pirelli Diablos on there:eek:hno:rofl

·
Registered
35 Posts
Even though they are brembo, that doesn't mean that they are better than nissin or any other monoblock caliper. some 600's can get brembo brakes but people dont know that the nissin's brakes are better.

Get a 14R and call it a day !

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
I also looked at the busa before buying my 14. The busa is just too "busy" looking. Too many flairs and odd looking pieces on it.
Funny how we think the busa is an ugly POS and busa owners say the same thing about the 14.
I don't care if the busa had a bigger motor and was faster than the 14, I would still buy another 14.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I dont like the bubbly curves it has, I am a fan of it just because of its speed but the 14 I love for the looks and power!

·
18,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
....how bout this...for 2013...
:lol

The 2013 with the ABS and brake upgrade...all good...it's a cool bike...I like the Black/grey one myself...though the White aint too shabby either.Classic powerbike....guys love em.I ALMOST went with the Busa way back when I was shopping for a sportbike((04)...always was 'attracted' to the Busa...got the zx12R instead...glad I did now.That 12R was a FUN bike...very.It could DEFINITELY corner with those Pirelli Diablos on there:eek:hno:rofl
The second one reminds me of this

·
18,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never liked the looks of the busa but its sales records speak for themselves. The busa never even crossed my mind when i bought my 14. I guess my question was really this , is a simple brake upgrade enough knowing bikes like the 14r are lurking the streets let alone the liter bikes making similar horse power numbers as the busa .

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
OMG....just karaazy baby!:rotflmao

Clarification:...I don't think the Busa's ugly.Fugly would be a better term...yes....fugly.:crazyloco

I tried...I really did...to like my buddy's 08 Busa....ya know....it just didn't impress me...just...plain....really...that's how it felt...plain.It didn't inspire confidence either leaned in at triple digits.Kept thinkin about that factory steering damper on there...everytime she felt like she was gonna go koo koo and do the slippery sardine with me.I was done in 10 minutes....that was enough for me.I think he really liked my 07 14...he just couldn't bring himself to say it....:lol:evil

Got back on mine...sheesh...WHAT a difference.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
I never liked the looks of the busa but its sales records speak for themselves. The busa never even crossed my mind when i bought my 14. I guess my question was really this , is a simple brake upgrade enough knowing bikes like the 14r are lurking the streets let alone the liter bikes making similar horse power numbers as the busa .
no

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
Nobody's going to make anything that can exceed 186 mph, and it starts to get questionable when it comes to how quick you can get there, so why would they mess with success? I've never ridden one, so I can't say if I like 'em or not, but styling's a very subjective thing compared to ride, handling and performance.
There is a huge aftermarket for the Suzuki and Mother Kaw just tossed the 14's aftermarket suppliers a curveball of what will fit the new bike that's made for the old one. Is it worth that to be the absolute quickest, fastest, newest? Obviously to Suzuki, at least in this market and this economy, it's not.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
And as far as sales records, the busa has been out since 1999 and the 14 just started in 2006.
The first 2 years for the 14 were hard since nobody knew how good they might be. You could pick up a brand new leftover any day of the week.
I hear more and more how some guys are switching from the busa to the 14 because it's just a better all around bike.
It's just a matter of time when Suzuki will have to do more than just add new brakes.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Well...they upped the brakes...and added that abs...next.....CC's?The styling is 'classic'...I mean...for a Busa lover that is.They 'almost' ruined that with their 08's and up.It didn't go over too well I'm thinkin.:headscratch

I think the 2012's and up ZX14's are extremely well styled...not that the earlier ones aren't...they are...classic.Maybe some more options with colors...that'd be nice...but it's cool.They're aiming for the Drag racers....that's what the new bike is about....racing...winning.I wouldn't count Suzuki out just yet....although I do think their current raft of sportbikes look cheap....hate to say that...maybe in person they shine....probably.The 14's have ALWAYS looked the biz....well built....strong...solid.

·
18,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And as far as sales records, the busa has been out since 1999 and the 14 just started in 2006.
The first 2 years for the 14 were hard since nobody knew how good they might be. You could pick up a brand new leftover any day of the week.
I hear more and more how some guys are switching from the busa to the 14 because it's just a better all around bike.
It's just a matter of time when Suzuki will have to do more than just add new brakes.
This was kind of what i was thinking when i started this thread but obviously someone has to be buying these things. The design is gettin a bit long in the tooth , they kind of juiced up the power output in 08 but how long can this bike be sold? Maybe this whole retro bike trend is saving its bacon :dunno

·
18,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well...they upped the brakes...and added that abs...next.....CC's?The styling is 'classic'...I mean...for a Busa lover that is.They 'almost' ruined that with their 08's and up.It didn't go over too well I'm thinkin.:headscratch

I think the 2012's and up ZX14's are extremely well styled...not that the earlier ones aren't...they are...classic.Maybe some more options with colors...that'd be nice...but it's cool.They're aiming for the Drag racers....that's what the new bike is about....racing...winning.I wouldn't count Suzuki out just yet....although I do think their current raft of sportbikes look cheap....hate to say that...maybe in person they shine....probably.The 14's have ALWAYS looked the biz....well built....strong...solid.
I kind of think the brake upgrade could be taken as a stop-gap measure to save the busa wile the company is going through some changes. They may not have the resources right now to re tool for the busa. I did notice that they just introduced a new 250cc street bike though.

·
18,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
I kind of think the brake upgrade could be taken as a stop-gap measure to save the busa wile the company is going through some changes. They may not have the resources right now to re tool for the busa. I did notice that they just introduced a new 250cc street bike though.
Seems kawi is always one step ahead.
They have the 300 now.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
" I've never ridden one, so I can't say if I like 'em or not"...you're not missing anything.:crackup

"Seems kawi is always one step ahead"...true enough.The Suzuki designers 'tried' to represent a Peregrine Falcon as their 'moniker'...and fabbed the whole frontend and such to 'look like' a predator...that falcon.When I got my 2012 14R...the first thing that came to mind was....a big...badazz hungry reptile....especially from the side view.That frontend is wickedly reptilian.Blocked and pissed...that's what it reminds me of.I love my zx.

Pre crash days.

·
18,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems kawi is always one step ahead.
They have the 300 now.
True enough , kawi had the 250 for ages it seems before the cbr 250 came out although in europe they had a four cylinder cbr 250 since the nineties. It all seems like a trend now but it makes me wonder because i haven't seen a small bore yamaha ... or did i miss something?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts