Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best setup for maximum storage on the 2012 ZX-14R? Are their tail / saddle bags made specifically for this bike? Anyone have pictures of their setup on the 14R? The tank bags I saw for some other models look like they would get in the way when riding.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
tank bags always "look" like they get in the way by virtue of them being right smack on top of the tank and usually not small.

You would be surprised how much you can get away with cramming on top of the tank before it obstructs anything. And the taller you are, the more shit you can stick there.

·
Registered
478 Posts
+1 on the big tank bag being "just right"
I have an icon urban tank bag and it looks huge on the bike but it works great. I think i may just get the smaller one they have for my little lunch bag for daily commute. Yes i commute on my ZX10R!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is good I asked, because I was thinking of limiting my options to only the tail for storage. :)

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Tail bag. 100 bucks.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That tail bag looks great! I think the exhaust pipes on the 14R might make it difficult to find a saddlebag that would fit, so the tail bag is a good choice and perhaps a tank bag also.

Ideally, I would want to fit a bunch of stuff like: a pair of leather pants, a sweater or Levi jacket, perhaps the leather jacket, long underwear, warm long gloves, a scarf, and a Kryptonite lock.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
If you notice the D rings on top you can secure more gear to the top if necessary, for those frigid LA winter days...lol

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is an awesome option -- I didn't see the D-rings. I still have the bungi netting from years ago. I get cold easily, and can remember quite a few occasions where I had to buy additional layers of clothing mid-trip (like long underwear).

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YES!!! That is exactly what I was looking for -- something that saddles, but doesn't touch the exhaust pipes, and which is the cream of the crop!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alien 14: Did you receive your bags-connection speedpack wide? How does it fit on the 14R? Are you happy with it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts