Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any real difference between the 2012 vs. 2011 ZX10R. Does the 2012 have more horsepower? Are these the same bikes with different color schemes? The recall issues should only apply to the 2011.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is there any real difference between the 2012 vs. 2011 ZX10R. Does the 2012 have more horsepower? Are these the same bikes with different color schemes? The recall issues should only apply to the 2011.
Kawasaki does a redesign every 2-3 years depending on the model... since the bike was completely redesigned for last year, I would ay the only real difference besides working out little kinks in the system, would be the wicked sweet paint schemes.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Kawasaki does a redesign every 2-3 years depending on the model... since the bike was completely redesigned for last year, I would ay the only real difference besides working out little kinks in the system, would be the wicked sweet paint schemes.
I really like the red 2012 10.

kick ass!

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pardon my newbieness, but, what's the recall on the 2011 ZX10R?

I Have a downpayment placed on an' 11 ZX10R, and would definitely like to know what I need to get checked out or taken care of ahead of time.

I've heard nothing but great things from people about these bikes, coming from riding Honda's. I've heard they're extremely reliable, and pretty much THE bike to have so I figured I'd try the switch from red to green.

Please, someone, let me know what's up. I'd most appreciate it.

-Matt

:crazyloco

·
Registered
463 Posts
Pardon my newbieness, but, what's the recall on the 2011 ZX10R?
The recall involved the wiring harness location... It literally takes 5 minutes for the dealer to relocate the harness by about 10cm under the seat. The original location can create a fray in the harness causing loss of power at speed. Call the dealership and they can have the recall work done before you pick up the bike... it's that simple. Now, there was another recall done on the bikes which delayed their release in the US... That has all be done with though since they physically recalled the units from the dealerships and fixed them at kawasaki...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Right on. So the original bad recall was taken care of on all units?

I'll talk to the dealer about the harness location recall under the seat. I dont want to ride it long like it is, if thats the issue.

Thanks a bunch for the heads up.

Btw, are there pictures available as to how dealerships are relocating the harness wiring? Are they just using zip-ties, or some kind of cabling guide, or what?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah, the first recall was performed before the bikes were allowed on the market a year and a half ago. All the bikes are safe now.
Btw, are there pictures available as to how dealerships are relocating the harness wiring? Are they just using zip-ties, or some kind of cabling guide, or what?
It is a small piece of metal that has a longer hook on it and a new screw for it. It moves the wire over a about 5 cm or so. It is literally just a tiny relocation but it takes the wire out of harms way. No zip ties necessary :evil

·
Registered
163 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts