1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gorgeous! :clap :mfclap

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great choice of bike rossb :thumbup:thumbup. Have you had a black bike or car before? I've had one of each and they are a BITCH to keep clean and looking good. NEVER again. Don't know what your plans are for any add-ons but I can recommend the Kawasaki flip screen for comfort. Fitted one today and well impressed. They're actually made by MRA.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
nice look bro

·
Registered
27 Posts
SUHWEET, I was looking for Black as my 1st choice......but got a blue 07

Adding:
Heli Bar Risers
Shogun frame sliders
Shogun Spools
Zero Gravity Touring screen
2Bros silencer tips ( takes the IRRESPONSIBLE out ) :crackup

·
Registered
114 Posts
i am getting my one soon i currently have the ducati diavel carbon but i still want to go back to 4 cylinder. ducati is fast but not as good tourer as kawasaki. i also getting yohsimura as well just thinking i hope it will ok before the breaking in done.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just got mine too. Finally after much regret trading in my beloved 1998 ZX-11 for a 2011 ZX-14 just last year, I finally have found a worthy replacement, a new 2012 ZX-14R. I bought a new 2011 ZX-14 in july of last year. What a regret. From the first night I rode that 2011 ZX14, I couldn't stand it. My biggest complaint was the heat issue. That bike made my wife and I feel like we were getting BBQ'd. The heat coming out of the engine was unreal. The dealer told me to switch to engine ice, put a muzzy cooling fan on it, and switch to synthetic. oil. Wow, really?? So I did all that and the temp gauge still hovered at the 4 bars and 5 bars.

I couldn't take it anymore so the bike just sat. In the meantime, my wife and I bought a 2012 H-D Dyna Wide Glide to cruise around. I never thought I would love an H-D so much. But something was still missing. I had always owned a Ninja motorcycle from the first day I began riding about 18 years ago or so. Well, my wife was very supportive and she wanted me to be happy so she actually told me to sell my 2011 ZX-14 and buy a 2012 ZX-14R. We both knew that the 2012 ZX-14R had a lot of improvements. So, this past Wednesday we took home a excellent bike worthy to be a true replacement for our ZX-11. It's all stock but that black over sized muffler has got to go.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Is the heat that much a difference on the 14R? There have been favorable reviews regarding the extra ponies, better stock tires (Metzlers) and the stability tracking, but, I haven't really seen much written about an improvement in the temperature.

If so, what component(s) make the '12 cooler? :headscratch

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally after much regret trading in my beloved 1998 ZX-11 .... In the meantime, my wife and I bought a 2012 H-D Dyna Wide Glide to cruise around.
I've got a Wide Glide as well and I owned a ZX-11 for 19 years.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is the heat that much a difference on the 14R? There have been favorable reviews regarding the extra ponies, better stock tires (Metzlers) and the stability tracking, but, I haven't really seen much written about an improvement in the temperature.

If so, what component(s) make the '12 cooler? :headscratch
Well, I have not ridden the 14R much because it's been raining like every day since we picked it up. However, from the moment my wife and I got on board the 14R at the dealership, we knew we were riding something completely different. The bike's transmission shifts a lot smoother. The engine idle is smooth. The suspension feels nicer on those little bumpy roads. Honestly, it's just so much different than the 2011. As far as heat dissipation from the engine. The 14R has two cooling fans. The 2011 ZX-14 only has one. The dealership manager actually told me to install a second fan on my 2011 ZX-14. I was not having that. I heard that the 2012 ZX-14R side fairings were redesigned to keep hot air from blowing right on the drivers legs.
My 2011 ZX14 had about 1300 miles on it when I sold it. I cut my losses and sold it dirt cheap. The only two things I miss about the 2011 ZX14 was the factory red tribal graphics and the cool polished mufflers. Other than that, I'm so glad it's gone

HRCH

1 - 20 of 34 Posts