Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 Rear Sprocket Fitment

Are the sprockets the same as other years?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I am looking for a part # to order one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thats a stock chain?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The web site does not show the 2012. Models but I see on the pic it. Is the same.

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
From what I've read, here are the differences between the new model and the old:

Restyled bodywork
Bored and stroked motor-more power
Traction control (electronics)
Lighter wheels and thicker brake rotors
Frame stiffened in certain areas to cope with the added power
Longer swingarm
Huge, uglier mufflers

Just about everything else should be interchangeable

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Thats the exact sprocket I took off the other day.It's hardened for longer wear.I put on the stock one for dragracing.Don't want the front wheel in the air off the line.I did keep the -1 front sprocket.I got my vortex 43 ay 58cycle.com for about $68 I believe.
Craig

·
Registered
18 Posts
As soon as I jumped on mine I could tell the gearing was different. When I took a look at the manual I saw that the transmission overall drive ratio and the final reduction ratio were different from my 08. I went back to the (41/17) because I was more concerned about fuel economy. My spedo now runs 3 mph slow instead of 6 mph.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I zoomed in on it and ordered that number in 40.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question to 21744 -

I went back to the (41/17) because I was more concerned about fuel economy. My spedo now runs 3 mph slow instead of 6 mph.
21744, I read your post where you mentioned you were interested in fuel economy and have changed the sprocket to 41/17. What is your average fuel mileage as well as the range on a full tank of gas after this modification? Where there any negative effects (i.e.: hesitations, traction light / errors) etc that appeared after the modification?

Thank you.

Ron

·
Registered
262 Posts
The 2012 up ZX14 has traction control and the ECU will automatically correct the speedo within certain factory preset parameters. The sprockets are the exact same bolt pattern. If you go with a couple of extra teeth on the rear the stock chain might work however you will shorten the wheelbase and it will not be as effective for drag racing. However it will turn in easier

Speedy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts