Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Love the bike…love the color…dislike the pipe.

Enjoy your new toy! :cheers

Just realized: "Three Long Islanders".

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
damn nice photos and bike,

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
When is someone going to post a pic of a 14R with an aftermarket pipe? If I evey buy one it will have to be an 2012 because the idot Arnold of Califorina signed a law that after 2012 all road biked must have stock pipes.

Really like your bike, if I could afford on it would be Black.

Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The look of the stock pipes has grown on me. I like the way they sound and I do not plan to change them. If I did I'd go with the V&S CS-One slip on.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
That shot was taken here:

Montauk Point: THE END!

I did 2 to the 7th power plus 32 today, on the 4 mile stretch between Merrick Rd. and Jones Beach. Only 2 others on the road. It was quite exhilarating :eek:hno

·
Registered
54 Posts
The look of the stock pipes has grown on me. I like the way they sound and I do not plan to change them.
x2.

They look better from some angles than from others. If I did change them, which I have no intention of doing, it'd be for the twin Akrapovics shown on the Kawasaki website but I'm not prepared to blow that amount of cash just to improve the looks slightly and the extra noise is a negative for me. IMO the only thing a noisy pipe does is upset the wrong people and bring about anti bike legislation. A replacement 4 into 1 pipe completely destroys the appearance of the bikes rear end and looks totally out of place. JMO

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
it will have to be an 2012 because the idot Arnold of Califorina signed a law that after 2012 all road biked must have stock pipes.
Ouch:scared

@op nice ride .... I'm thinking of moving my ZX9 & ZX10 for a ZX14.. maybe in a few months

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've still got the stock pipe on my ZX 10, I like the look and the sound of the pipe. And the cops don't even turn there heads when I pass them, it's like a stealth bomer. :nana

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I just couldn't get past the ugly of my 09's mufflers.Went to 2 Bros slipons that were nice but just not a full system.The guy I rode with yesterday has those huge black mufflers.It was idling and I couldn't hear it running.Put my hand over the pipe to see if anything came out.It is quite and smooth.
Craig

·
Registered
517 Posts
Very nice looking ride. I want one, but for now, I like not having any bike payments. I know thats going to change some day & I'll have my own 14!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts