Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the little black pushpins down low, right behind the front tire, how the hell do you get them out? specifically, the two which are holding the lower fairings to that upside-down-U-shaped black plastic piece which is DIRECTLY behind the front tire. there are two, one to either side pretty much in a straight line back from each front brake caliper.

i cant get the little center bits pried out so that the faster can be pulled outta there, any tricks? i even tried pushing on the center part from behind, no joy =]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Two decent width flat head screwdrivers, one on each side of the pin and twist each so it pry's it out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
by that you mean its ok to just pop them outta there entirely without pulling out the little center piece which holds the thing firm when the little center piece is pushed in? hmm

·
Registered
99 Posts
No no no. By pry it out I meant the thing in the middle that spreads it, not the whole thing. WHen you pull the middle thing out enough it should all just slide out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i just cant seem to get at it. guess ill go grab some steak knives from the kitchen or something and dig under there. this is a 2012, its all shiny fresh and the plastic bits arent ragged out yet. first time = worst time, as they say =]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes the first time can be a PIA, but I found this trick of doing it and I have had no problems. You HAVE to have one on each side of it otherwise your not prying it outwards, just kinda bending the shit out of it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes the first time can be a PIA, but I found this trick of doing it and I have had no problems. You HAVE to have one on each side of it otherwise your not prying it outwards, just kinda bending the shit out of it.
My god that sounds gay...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pushing the center piece from the back worked. had to hold it a certain way to keep all in alignment and the center piece popped forward which let me just pull it out as normal. if the fairing is not in its normal position, then it being bent outward was exerting force against the fastener making it stupid-hard to pop out the centerpiece. d'oh. spent almost an hour fucking around with two pieces of plastic.

no scratches or damage though, so whatever =]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts