Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
woodcraft makes some good ones, they are cut and can get pretty pricy to install if you don't feel comfortable cutting up your own plastics

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
no cut sliders are almost pointless. They are generally too weak to survive anything more than a drop, and when sliding across the pavement can break off and cause more damage.

In fact, I dislike sliders in general. Only reason my bike has them now is because it came with them. And the only reason it will have them later, is because my fairings have the cutouts and it would look stupid without.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats good info. Thanks man. So I should just go without them then. I don't want to cut the fairings and I don't want to spend money on something that is a waste. I have heard stories about frame sliders snapping, or making the bikes bounce to the other side. I guess this seals the deal.

·
Registered
888 Posts
sato nocut sliders is the way to go.

if the frame slider breaks.. then it did the job. its job is to absorb initial impact or on a slower slide the pavement will just eat away the delrin material slowly til it stops complely. If your bike is sliding hard and the frame slider does not break, it will just bite onto something and probably flip your bike.

the nocut sliders with brackets sucks because there's a L bracket that can cause it to shift if it hits the pavement which can rip your fairings... I know this for a fact, i had T-rex nocut frame sliders previously and i hit a deer. It saved my frame of course but it did crack my fairings. the SATO nocut mounts tightly onto your engine and it is designed to not stick out so far.

and it looks good!

·
Registered
89 Posts
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
sick bike

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
R&G racing frame sliders for me, tried and tested by me :lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts