Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:scared Ok well last year had a zx9 sold it this year got a 2010 zx10r. :mfclap
My first impression wasn't that great. Now before you guys start kicking me a new a**hole let me explain. I am old school used to carb bikes they pull hard all the time and when at speed you know your at speed cause bike is screamin and shaking and down right letting you know hold on.

So got this new bike and it is so smooth that it really doesnt feel like what im used to a liter bike feeling like (remember old skool) actually felt kind of weak.

After having it for a little while gaining a little more confidence on her and making what I consider IMHO three most significant changes
1) a real steering damper
2) good tires
3) suspension set for me

HOLY SHIT this bitch is fast.

When i first got her was shifting at say 6-8 rpms and as I said she is so smooth shifting there 1-2-3 gear im at triple digits and just felt kinda bland.

Now with the mods and rippin her hard :crazyloco wow. end of the story before you think a ten is soft let your balls drop and go thru the gears wot you will surely be impressed with what the gen 3 has to offer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to your new bike, but how did those three mods make it that much faster? :headscratch
Sounds like you turned your right wrist a little further. :mfclap

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Do the new 10's not come stock with a steering damper?

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
So before the better steering damper,good tires and tuned suspension,the 08-10 is.....good stock? no good stock? (im talking power wise)

My buddys got a 08 ZX10R,i havent ridden it but he says its a rocket and it look like it goes like a rocket.Id like a 08-10 ZX10R to be my next bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the bike is plenty powerful in stock trim but i had no confidence in the tire and steering damper so it was kind of a mental thing after the change of damper my confidence increased because when you crack that sucker the front gets lite real quick. And any rider can tell about good rubber ya know. all in all I love the power of the kawi.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Kawi OEM Ohlins comes with the valving dumbed down for neubies.
dankyle racing will re-valve your damper for a hundred bucks. When adjusted to full stiff, the bars can hardly be moved at all.
ANY Ohlins service dealer can do that too, most of them can be found around dare I say the name here???..... Ducati dealers... :crackup

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have an 09 zx10, bought in 2010. Got around 8k on it now. What i love about it is the predictability and the handling. It is a very forgiving bike compared to my 04 gsxr 1k. Also is nimble as hell.. It eats up the curves, but isnt very comfortable for everyday riding. It has the same horsepower number as my suzuki, but comes alive alot higher in the power band, around 8k. The suzuki would completely kill you at that rpm, it comes alive at 5k. For the faster bike, the zx 10, for the comfortable and the stupid insane factor that will hurt you, the gsxr hands down. As for as quality of build, the suzuki is better made. Just my opinion. As for the comment on the tires, I think the bt 16s are damn good. They heat up alot quicker than a pilot power while lasting longer plus they will give you 500 miles more service than my favorite, the metzler m-3, which will ride wheelies in the rain. Never tried the 2ct's after i had a pilot power separate on me. Gatorbacks on a bike are no fun!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts