Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
8300?

BRB buying a leftover 10 for that.

Good luck though, I am sure someone will buy it for pretty close to that price though. Lots of dumb people!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess we shall see I'm open to offers. I've got almost $2k worth of mods in the bike plus all the OEM parts. I doubt a dealer will offer the same on a leftover 10, if they do it will be stock. I went to the dark side and got a new HD fatboy lo so I just don't have the time to ride them both. Might be stuck with two bikes cause I'm not going to fire sale this one. I love the bike and hate to get rid of it but I'd rather someone ride it then have it sit in my garage. Decent offer will take the bike..and it's super clean I haven't really even broken it in yet.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Why do people think mods add value to the bike?

Your list price is way to high. If I was you, I would replace the akra pipe with the stock one and sell the pipe on the side. All the other mods in that list are pretty standard mods that add no value to the bike...

I am certain someone could buy a bran new left over model from a dealer for that price with a fresh warranty.

I'd expect you to get somewhere around 7gs for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think mods do add value for my bike. Just traded my other bike and got nothing for them. I did take some things off that bike to private sell. I just don't feel like stripping the mods of this one since I'll still ride it for now. I guess no one has heard of putting a higher price as the buyer is just going to talk you down anyways. It books for 7k I don't see how 1300 more is way too high. Dealers I've seen around here have them for 9k.

I'd probably take 7k it's all about making people think they got a good deal. Put it at 7k and they will just offer you less. However you never know I've had people overpay for tons of used stuff. I sold a sony DVD player several years ago for $100..they could have gotten a new for that. If they'll pay I'll take it..I do live in a college town.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good luck, I got my '09 for $7500 as a left over in 2010. Full warranty, zero miles.

My point is, it will be may be hard to get 2 years later.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Let it ride for a little bit & see if you get any offers. If you get none, you're too high. But I agree with you about pricing a little high because people will try to talk you down.

·
Registered
348 Posts
How are you getting $2,000 in addons? You listed about $900 worth, maybe less.

Goodluck either way, imo you should drop the price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got more extras kicking around and pit bull stands but I wasn't pricing it for the extras. I find it better for negotiation. Anytime I've put a firm price on things I've sold I don't get much interest. Plus if you can get more why not. More money in your pocket...which is not a bad thing these days. I'm going to keep it and ride it unless I get a good offer. I'd like to sell it to someone I know or at least someone who will take care of it. Most likely some college kid will buy it and either crash it or dump it. It's a shame but you never know I'm sure there is a good home for it somewhere. Thanks for the support..I've never really posted here but I found the threads and people on here to be the most knowledgable out of the zx forums that are out there. Have a good weekend guys perhaps I'll see some of you out on the road..ride safe. Especially in Florida..lots of crazies cagers out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts