Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 BMWS1000RR with full ohlins and too many mods to list here. I don't want to wad it or be waded at the track, so I bought a 2009 ZX6R monster edition used, added steel brake lines, quickshifter, woodcraft rearsets, crg mirrors, brocks block off plates, pazzo levers, yoshi rear fender tail kit, hot bodies smoke screen. All good so far, right ? I bought the woodcraft rearsets sight unseen and assumed they would be adjustable, they aren't. They are further back alright, but the seat is too low as are the handlbars, it feels like I am taking a crap in the saddle even though the bike is 2 inches longer then the BMW to stretch out.

I have to raise the seat and lower the rearsets somehow, which means selling the woodcraft's. The BMW is so comfortable in comparison, there is no way you can lean the bike with the woodcrafts to even get close to the pegs, it is absurd. Plus I almost have to stand in the seat to shift from side to side to hang off not comfy at all. Does anyone user other brands and are they lower than the standard footpeg setup, sato, rizoma, there are a few others. Has anyone raised their seat as well, I am 5'7 and have 29 inch inseam short legs, long arms.

If anyone wants the woodcrafts you are welcome to them for a fair price.
Here is a pic of both bikes and through the gears, 1st - 3rd. The BMW with the Taylor exhaust is a beast power wheelies through third at 120+ it is sick, the Kawi is fun but doesn't stir my soul but much safer for track days and cheaper to fix if it goes down.

Here is the BMW at Loudon last June 21st Trackday.

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The woodcrafts are adjustable...I'd suggest doing some research.
-Cody

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
:clap:clap:clap
The woodcrafts are adjustable...I'd suggest doing some research.
-Cody
:clap cody is correct, go to the woodcraft web page and check it out. The rear sets for the 09 ninja 6r are adjustable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:clap:clap:clap
:clap cody is correct, go to the woodcraft web page and check it out. The rear sets for the 09 ninja 6r are adjustable.
Maybe they are but they are about 1.5 inches higher that stock, and the foot peg has a minor adjustment, just not enough, I am not going to be leaning the bike at +55% ever so it is uncomfortable and a waste of time, I am not Eric Wood and never will be. They are too high, whereas the Sato's on the BMW are just right but too pricey for the Kawi, I am going to invest in a decent steering damper, true Ohlins instead. I get some head shake hard on he gas over bumps while leaned over.

Rhody...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Why didn't you just stay w/ the stock rearsets then? If your not looking for more lean angle, what are you trying to get outta them?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Riders install rearsets to adjust them up and back or maybe forward. This increases ground clearance for high speed cornering at the track. No one lowers the rearsets for track riding. Well, except you. You are going to have to have custom rearsets fabricated. This sounds expensive. I guess you could raise the seat. If you lower the pegs for the track you will scrape them. What is the purpose of rendering the movie at double speed?

Even if you bought Satos for the 6R, they would only allow adjustment up and back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts