Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a chance to pick up a very reasonably priced 2009 Ninja 500 with less than 2K miles, seemingly perfect.

Any opinions about this bike are welcome -- good or bad.

I know it's a small bike by today's standards but it looks like it could be a fun little bike . . .

Here's a pic of it . . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, I bought this 2009 EX500 and will bring it home tomorrow. This (sort of) modern 500cc bike has about the same capability (at least in a straight line) as my 1970 500cc Mach 3. About a 13.5 quarter mile and about 110 MPH top-end. I couldn't pass it up with 1995 miles, in perfect shape, and literally ridden by an old lady -- a retired IBM engineer. An old-lady bike now becomes an old-man bike. :laugh3:

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
What the hell. If you have a place to ride it where it doesn't run out of breath, why not? Power can mask a lot of unused skills that a small bike can bring back to light.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I try to do as much research as I can before buying a bike and I thought it interesting that this little Kaw is a favorite for those wanting an entry-level road-race/track bike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took it for my first ride this morning -- about 50 miles. I like it. It has more than adequate power -- for me -- and it's quite comfortable -- more so than my ZX-14R. I'm 6'2" 210 lbs. It is completely stock but has a nice baby ninja growl when it gets up in the RPM range. It is stable at 80 MPH on the interstate and navigates the curvy back roads just fine. It's a keeper.

·
Registered
133 Posts
who says you have to go 200 miles an hour on a motorcycle. bet that is a sweet ride.
i would have a 500 if i could get one cheap!
nice clean bike. more pics, you should enter it in to the December ROTM.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
who says you have to go 200 miles an hour on a motorcycle. bet that is a sweet ride.
i would have a 500 if i could get one cheap!
It really is a nice (sane) ride. :wink2:

. . . you should enter it in to the December ROTM.
Now that would be over-stepping a line . . . er . . . pushing it a bit I think . . . :smile2:

But it's great for me. I'm not sure I would have felt the same about this bike and its performance 40 years ago . . . But I'm old and (maybe) wiser. Definitely more careful in my riding . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts