·
Registered
1,604 Posts
dont like it, like the 06 07 more

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i feel the same about this one as i did my 06 when i 1st saw it online. i thought the front of the 06 was ugly until i bought it, but when i walk out and open my shed door and see that z sittin there, its like dang i good a bad a** bike. Those mirrors on the 08 would be the first thing that go! no hold on... that exhaust would be 1st.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't like that exhaust either :angry Maybe this type of exhaust has been optimized to give better overall performance but damm!! That's fugly! I'm sure Kawasaki designers can come up with a better design or some compromise or something.

But wait... maybe kawasaki knows that one of the first things people do to sportbikes is to change/modify the exhaust with either a full or slip-on/bolt-on so they didn't spend to much resources on the aesthetics of it. In that case, good job :rotflmao :crackup

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
true that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its fugly to me...makes me want to puke...I'd modify the hell out of it if I bought it. So basically....I just won't purchase one and save the time & money

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, I have a candy plasma blue one on the way. I really like the looks and have read posts by dealers at the show that seeing it in person makes quite a difference. Besides, most people dump the OEM pipe and remove the rear fender anyway. I'm pumped:crazyloco

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm gonna see it in person but still don't like it>>the headlights, old rear turn signals look, the pipe and tail..all sharp edges..should've made it as 600cc not a ZX10....man I'm sure glad I got my 07 SE..with turn signals built in the fairings..can't beat that..

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
yup, the new one dosent?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't get it. They were doing so well with flat colors, no mish-mash. It was beautiful... Then they added flames to the black version in 07, and now this... WHY?!?!?!

Also, I loved the 06 ZX10R because it was smooth. No sharp edges like the other three of the Japanese bikes. It was silky, sexy, and had nice curves. I fell in love at first sight. This bike... this bike I say, is a great, great bike... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

And although even is correct in saying that the pipe is the first thing to go, it still doesn't justify taking an old flugal horn and bolting it to the side of a work of art. At least just make it a boring straight pipe circa 04-05 ZX10R. It seems like they were going for a similar effect as the Z1000. POO POO ON YOU KAWASAKI!!!

As for me and my household, we will ride the 06.

:angry

·
Registered
366 Posts
That said, I do like the small tail section, and the black doesn't look half bad.

Except for the flugal horn on the side...

·
Registered
488 Posts
from my point of view, i really wanna upgrade now it think it looks sick as hell! the lines, the angles all that s*#t! the headlight can be manageable and the exhaust, well some riders wanted motogp style and now they got it but dont like it! WTF? it looks good from a 600 rider point of view and everyone else that i've shownt he site to thinks the same. IDK

·
Registered
264 Posts
In an effort to design something different sometimes you hit and sometimes you miss. I don't mine the overall look, but there was no need for kawi to raid suzuki's dumpster for that can.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So, from what I can gather from what some of you guys are saying: If the most beautiful woman on earth walked into your bedroom and stripped down ready for action, you'd kick her out if you didn't like her earrings???:crackup :headscratch

1 - 20 of 36 Posts