Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet you all thought that I had some pictures or something... but I don't.

Sadly, I am posting this to see if there're any rumors or leaks goin' around. Anyone have any idea if theres gonna be a redesign?

·
Registered
444 Posts
"The 2006 ZX1000D6F model carried over to the 2007 model year, with only color scheme changes. The most noticible difference between 2006 and 2007, is that the heat-shields on the exhaust pipes are black on the '07 ZX10R, and '06 came with silver ones. The ZX-10R is expected to be all new for the 2008 model year. No information is currently available."

:lame :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep...Kawi re-designs on a 2 year cycle: 04/05, 06/07, 08/09. I've already put a deposit on an '08. You really got me with this post!

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey no zx10r in 2008

what do you think off this,looks awesome and its a 800 so maybe no 10 anymore availeble

enjoy.
found it at an italian site so could not read comment.

·
Registered
649 Posts
hhmmmmm..... that's been photo-shopped for sure, but that would be interesting, a street version of the motoGP bike.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh SNAP! That's awesome. I would love it, but how much cred can you give to something that could just be some guy's imagination?

I do not think however that they would drop their 10R for an 8R. It would screw them too badly in AMA superstock. Maybe an 800 as well, but not in place. Actually... that would be kinda cool, since they would be the only one to compete with Zook's 750.

Hmmm...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well, it has been confirmed yesterday during the Superbike races that there is definately a new bike in the pipeline for 2008, and apparently someone has seen the design and they are extremely exited about it!!!

Regarding the ZX8R idea, I don't think it is such a bad idea!!!!! If they bring it out close to GP spec, I don't think there will be a 1000 to catch it, and the handling will be unreal!!!!!! The only problem will be the price!!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Kawi need better results in all the Superbike championships, going by what they did with the '07 6R the 10R needs to be firmly refocussed for the track. The road bike should get back the wild reputation of the '04-'05 bike :crazyloco From what they have done with other bikes in the range I'm sure they will deliver :eek:hno

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Well, it has been confirmed yesterday during the Superbike races that there is definately a new bike in the pipeline for 2008, and apparently someone has seen the design and they are extremely exited about it!!!
Where did you see this at?? More details, please.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Our local commentator, Dave Peterson, ex-GP racer from many moons ago, mentioned it during the preview to the Superbike races. He has got close contacts with Randy Mamola which used to give phone interviews before every race here with all the latest info. I can't confirm that he got his info from there, but he is usually right with the info he gives during his presentations.
Can't confirm either whether it will be a ZX10R or a ZX8R, but either way, should be worthwhile waiting for!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Our local commentator, Dave Peterson, ex-GP racer from many moons ago, mentioned it during the preview to the Superbike races. He has got close contacts with Randy Mamola which used to give phone interviews before every race here with all the latest info. I can't confirm that he got his info from there, but he is usually right with the info he gives during his presentations.
Can't confirm either whether it will be a ZX10R or a ZX8R, but either way, should be worthwhile waiting for!
:eek:hno ooooh I cant wait if they come out with a ZX-8R!!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dup's right though, if they made an 8R, it would have to be pretty close to race spec to touch the other 1000's. And Americans care about the number too, why buy an 800 for more when you can buy a 1000 for less?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sorry to but in again, but my personal feeling is that we have reached the upper limit of power that the producers can dare put on a road bike for the guy on the street.

I think they will now start the process of optimising the power / handling / rideability relation and therefore Kawaski might just be pulling a clever one here if they decide to proceed with the ZX8R concept.

All the manufacturers have already proven that they can easily match 1000cc power with the 800's, and even if they make a street 800 with little less power, but lighter and nimbler to end up with the same power/weight ratio, it will be a much better bike.

I vote for the ZX8R if they can keep the price reasonable!!!! Somehow it just sound right !!

·
Registered
526 Posts
All the manufacturers have already proven that they can easily match 1000cc power with the 800's
not if they use the same knowledge 2 make the 1000cc power match a 1200cc :thumbup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts