Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a 2008 ZX6R, and my clutch cable keeps getting loose...is this common? or am i just dealing with a touchy cable? im not the most mechanically inclined person, but i'd like to be able to work on my bike myself...any suggestions? thanks guys, and ladies. (also, subnote: what are your suggestions for HIDs?)

· Registered
3,929 Posts
Cable may be getting to break as it unwinds within its sheath, or clutch disks are almost worn out...

Lots of different ideas with regards to HID. I bought mine from Xenonrider while others here like DDM Tuning. BIG separation in pricing between these two sites. DDMs pricing seems real cheap to me compared to other sites I have researched, yet comparable to what I have seen on eBay, & others swear by them & their quality. Xenon pricing seems to be right in the middle of the pack. Other folks wont by any HID without German made ballasts, which are way more expensive units because of this.

· Registered
3,929 Posts
Uh, YES to all three :smile

I installed my HID, clutch cables in past years and clutch friction plates as well.

Im assuming that you mean the HID system, and it really isnt to hard if you follow the directions. I had to remove the entire fairing to install my bulb and get good access to the upper fairing mount so I could route the wires and tie down the ballast. Just take your time and you should not have any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.