Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

2008 CBR 1000rrrrggghhhpstpst

4K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  Dup 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 · (Edited)
:scared That has got to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen! Those images will haunt my dreams for months to come. It looks like someone punched it in the nose and then kicked it in the ass really hard cause it was so ugly.

#10 ·
worth saying twice... this bike used to be the best god damn looking liter bike in production, imo, rivaled even the f41000's and any duc, but this? it's appalling... it looks like it'd clean up easily for a track day or racing, but that most definitely no an excuse to make a nasty production bike...

if the 10r doesn't turn out this year, the only beauty left is the r1 (and that is debatable!)...

imo of course.

i miss the literbikes of yesteryear... seriously.

#12 · (Edited)
OK, I need to say more. How the hell do you integrate the blinkers into the mirrors in the front for a nice clean look and then hang that thing on the back that looks like diagram of the female anatomy, ovaries and all!

#13 ·
yeah that looks wrong ...... looks like a gixer can, a 10r ass gone wrong and someone likes the look of a pug dog front end

#17 ·
risking life and limb at the mercy of flaming rants...the new zx10 doesn't look much better.... I guess that they are going for the duc 1098 look, failing miserably at it. On the other hand, the 600 in graffitti black grafx looks bad ass. Ok time to put on my flame suit. :blob :rockets

#22 ·
The Exhaust Does Look Like Shit!!! Honda USE To Be The Standard That All Other Jap Bikes Where Held To. I Own A 400ex And A Suzuki Ltz400 And I Will Put A Dollar To A Dime On The Reliability And Ride Of The 400ex Any Day Of The Week! And One More Thing Why Does Everyone Want To Be A Gixxer Nut Swinger? That Is The Reason Why I Bought A Ninja!!! To Be Different!!!!!!

#24 ·
Ok ok... let's bring reason to this forum.

THIS BIKE SUCKS!

But, unfortunately...

SO DOES THE ZX10R!

I'm sad. Really really sad. The ZX10R and the CBR1000 of 06-07 were my favorite bikes. I'm totally appalled that both decided to let carnies on crack design this year's bike.

This one has nice integrated front signals, but the front looks like a pug! I like the small rear (my wife would rather ride her own bike), and the license plate holder get hacked off right away so who cares? The pipe is hideous, but no more than this year's ZX10R. IMHO, the 10's exhaust is worse than the 06 GSX-R1000's. GROSS!

In any case, I'm going to hibernate until 2010 and hope for something better...

#25 ·
that's pretty interesting, very strange how they integrated the exhaust into the plastics, wonder what kind of effect the heat will have on the paint, wondering what it costs to fix this thing if it tips over in the garage, for example now they can charge double for that mirror/blinker thing, wondering if this is a bike that someone without a degree in mechanics can do the oil change by himself?
M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.