Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some tips on changing the oil with as little work and mess as possible.

1) Can you change the oil filter without having to remove the left-side cowling?
2) What's the best way to prevent oil from dripping all over the engine and running gear when removing the filter?
3) Does a lot of oil flow out when the filter is removed?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
317 Posts
1. NO
2. i don't know what to say to that, i guess just stuff a piece of rag right next to the plastic piece below the filter.
3. NO, not when i changed my at least.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You just need a custon horizontal funnel. I made mine from a corner of a milk jug. You just slide it under the filter shield and it'll come out with very little to no mess.

After your first oil change when you get the filter off that a 2 ton gorilla twisted on, you should be able to reach in and get it off alot easier. Changing my oil is a pretty quick process now. Don't even have to pull the fairing!

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can change the oil and filter without removing any of the fairings. I did it before but it takes some work to get the filter off without hitting anything. I just took an old shirt and shoved it under the filter once it was broken loose and didn't spill any oil on the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts