Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am looking at buying a 2007 ZX14 , its got 75000kms on the clock , two brothers exhaust system .
Im worried that the kms is alot , not for the age , just for the wear and tear on the engine , plus ive seen a recall with a frame crack issue for this 07 model ?
Its for sale in a car yard for $6000 thats australian dollars.
So should i stay clear or take a closer look at this Beast ?

·
Administrator
58,601 Posts
You can contact a dealer and give them the VIN to see if it's in the recall
Or plug it in here
Screenshot_2.png

That's $4721 US dollars. That's pretty high considering over 46,000 miles
Hard to tell what service has been done or if it needs tires etc
They didn't hold much value.
Maybe $3500 US or $4400 AUS tops

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can contact a dealer and give them the VIN to see if it's in the recall
Or plug it in here
View attachment 19401

That's $4721 US dollars. That's pretty high considering over 46,000 miles
Hard to tell what service has been done or if it needs tires etc
They didn't hold much value.
Maybe $3500 US or $4400 AUS tops
Thankyou for your quick reply and for all the info .. yeah the miles does put me off :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hang on you blokes, you can't compare US or UK second-hand pricing with Oz. We traditionally have a much stronger second-hand market.

Bike Sales

That's a fairly good price and if the mileage doesn't put you off you might be able to beat them down further because they are not familiar with the product.

·
Administrator
58,601 Posts
yabutt 75000 kms is still a decent amount of miles even if driven conservatively
Valve adjustment, chain and sprockets, brakes, tires, rotors were usually junk,etc
If it has all the records of service done and nothing else needed for the bike then go for it

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I have to agree with EZ on that. It seems a bit high for 75K on the clock. I might go a little higher than EZ is thinking, but only cause she looks well cared for. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
yabutt 75000 kms is still a decent amount of miles even if driven conservatively
Valve adjustment, chain and sprockets, brakes, tires, rotors were usually junk,etc
If it has all the records of service done and nothing else needed for the bike then go for it
Agreed. That's 46,000 miles, a fair distance for a motor designed to extract the maximum HP per cube.

The service history is important, and if the miles are highway miles rather than commute or scratching it would be better. Ideally, 5K oil changes with filter, using Penrite or similar premium, full synthetic oil.

When we bought Chris's she looked at a 2014 with 1,500 ks on the clock. The guy wanted $17,000 for it and wouldn't budge, so we bought a new one for $20,000. Go figure. Also, I was not too fond of the fact it had a brand new tyre on the back; methinks the previous owner decided to destroy the old one doing a burnout...

·
Administrator
58,601 Posts
1500 kms and a new rear tire lol?
They do eat rear tires no matter how EZ you are on the throttle
I was about 6500 kms and replacing rear tires and the fronts look new
There was a member here that bought a 14 from Ricky Gadson drag racer
Miles were low but 1/4 mile at a time lol
He never made it home before the bike broke down but I think Ricky took care of it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would refuse such a bike. 76k kilometers is really a lot for him, especially for such a price. Look at other options, I think you will be able to find something better, at a reasonable price. And don't forget to use the completely free vin check in Epicvin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts