Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the bike back to the dealer today, they had checked the plugs, injectors, and said everything looked ok, to run fuel stabilizer through it. Did that and still have the rpoblem in 2nd gear, trying to roll the throttle @ 5000rpms and half of the time the bike will act like it is bogging down, and the other half of the time it will get up and go. They are now going to theck the throttle bodies, exhaust butterflies, and hook up the ECU. Does anyone have any suggestions or have heard of similar problems. Even the dealer said its weird because it only does this in 2nd gear. Help me out guys, everyones opinions and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
from what i have read the zx10 has two separate ignition maps for each of the first four gears. This has been done for either safety &/or emissions reasons. However, it limits the power & smoothness of your bike in the first 1/2 turn of the throttle in gears 1 through 4.

They were clever in the design of this timing retarder, it still allows full
timing at full throttle. As you shift up through the gears, the amount of
throttle needed to access the advanced curve decreases, until you make
it into 5th gear and then it's gone, giving you nice, smooth operation

it sounds like the problem you are encountering is at the point where the ignition map is changing over. i'am not sure if this is correct but its what i have read. hope it helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gotta love dem dealers,Plugs, injectors,etc. don't know what gear your in.Have gear position switch/sensor & ecm checked for fault.Most likely the cause their.Good luck ,report back when fixed.(KAWBOY)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts