Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if anyone has heard or posted it up yet, but it seems the sales of the 2006 ZX-10R have been lackluster, with the main gripes based on its looks.

i too am not a fan of the tear drop "eyes" or the gangly dual undertail pipe setup... and it seems KHI has listened.

the 2007 ZX-10R is going to be redesigned cosmetically. this is coming directly from the KHI dealership network.

i'll post pics as soon as i get some... so far KHI has yet to release pics to anyone, even their race teams and dealer network.

·
Registered
75 Posts
MnM said:
yea they should go back to the 05 style....clean cut lines
+1 :cheers

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
hmmm I would doubt Kawi to change anything on the 10R for next year. To change the headlights would require a major change to the plastics which would change a lot of stuff, requiring too many changes to do on a second year run of the bike. The 2007 ZX-10R, I would bet the farm 100%, will remain the same in appearance next year with the only changes being color.

Now there is a new 2007 ZX-6R coming out next year, and the lights on that will confirm or deny what Kawi's intentions are for the future of the teardrop lights. I think the new lights look very good. The 06 10R is a work of art, a beautiful bike, so many design changes for the better that I see when compared to the previous year.

I would like to see the flat titanium color that is in Europe also make it to the States for 07 though. Blue and magma red too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear Fellow ZX10R Enthusiasts

When do you think Kawasaki will announce the 2007 ZX10R to the pubic?

Sincerely,
Jaddie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear Fellow Kawasaki Enthusiasts

I saw these images yesterday, too.

I love the new colors, but I hope they've been some some sort of performance improvements, too. The issue isn't that the might ZX-10 needs more performance, but that I want to see the latest technology on my favorite line of sportbikes.

If there haven't been any other changes to the '07 ZX-10, I may end up with another bike that has been injected with the latest technology.

(I just can't help being this way. My main job is technology consulting, so I always have my eyes on the technology horizon.)

Sincerely,
Jaddie

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Too bad they didnt bring out the titanium version that they had in Europe for 06.

I like the red and blue. I wish the lower cowling was black though.

Cool pics of the 07's! Anymore???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't see many ZX10 bikes on the road. I've seen more at the dealer than on the street. I happen to think its a bad ass lookin bike. If in '07 they're going to change the looks I think all they should pretty much do is incorporate the zx14 headlights on it. Thats pretty much it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i heard gp bikes are going to be limited to 800ccs, if they are, are the bikes on the market going to reflect gp bike standards.

·
Registered
11 Posts
tdr124 said:
i heard gp bikes are going to be limited to 800ccs, if they are, are the bikes on the market going to reflect gp bike standards.

MotoGP bikes have nothing to do with "our" bikes. our bikes are homoligated for WSBK etc.
if MotoGP machines directly affected "our" machines we'd all have 500cc 2-strokes for road bikes...
the FIM has reduced the capacity to 800cc to reduce top speeds. the engineers are smart - lap records will be getting broken in no time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts