Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Germany/ Riders

It sure does look like it to me too....whos from around there besides me??
I grew up in the Kaiserslautern area, I was a military brat and had to go through the German Fahrschule to get my motorcycle liscense (sp?). After riding in the States for a couple of years now, I think they should implent some kind of program like that here. I've seen too many young wannabee types going over to the dealerships with Daddy's money and buying a Busa, Gixer 1000, or ZX-10 for their first bike. They either wreck the bike when they pull off of the lot, or kill themselves a week later. That really sucks because these dumb-asses are the ones that cause the insurance rates for us REAL (experienced) riders to skyrocket!!
I had to start on a 50cc 2-stroke when I was 15 and that was all that I could ride on the Street until I was 17. Then I went to a 250, then old ninja 600, then a ZX-9, ZX-12, ZX-10 and ZX-14. I've had one accident in the 23 years I've been riding on the street, and that was because I was hit by a drunk driver in Colorado while on my ZX-12. I spent alost 4 months in the hospital and 6 months in physical therapy. It sucked, but I'm back and riding again. All that I can say to you young-bucks (and you know who you are), if you go out and buy a big bike for your first riding experience, WEAR ALL OF YOUR GEAR! That's what saved my life! Besides, if you want to look "KOOL", buy some leathers that match your bike. It looks much kooler than a damn t-shirt, no helmet, shorts, and hi-tops. You might actually make people believe that you know what you're doing!:crazyloco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts