Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It just occurred to me that the guy in the blue shirt in the fourth picture on the right side...that's Rickey Gadson - check out the press/dealer badge!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
it looks like an 05 except the tail and the tach ..real nice bike tho cant wait to ride one ..my freinds gettin one..i wonder what that boxy thing under the tail by the shocks..

·
Registered
990 Posts
beansbaxter said:
It just occurred to me that the guy in the blue shirt in the fourth picture on the right side...that's Rickey Gadson - check out the press/dealer badge!!!
Well spotted!

Him hiding his clutch hand would confirm it, there must be something special about it that makes for a great drag racer :squint

All these latest photo's are a bit of a visual overload, well done! :crazyloco

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shortcircuit said:
The box with fins on is most likely the voltage regulator/rectifier
aaah that's it! In my 2002 ZX-12R, it was housed internally within the tail section below the passenger seat. I remember it would get hot very fast and the left side of the tail would always be warm.

I understand that is a smart place to locate it, as it can cool much faster there (I wonder if it would cool faster inside the airbox haha Dino modded his 12R like that).

Can the elements of the weather and/or dirt hurt it in any way there?? Are they normally mounted externally? I dont recall any is why I ask.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm sure it's a totally sealed unit but any dirt on the cooling fins would affect the efficiency.

Also putting it in the air box would pre-heat the air a certain amount which would have a negative effect on performance i.e. the cooler the air the denser it is which in turn improves power, warmer air has the opposite effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts