Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got my first bike a few days ago and it had been lowered by the previous owner. I raised the front forks back up to factory setting and used the vortex lowering links that were installed to bring the bike back up to factory height.
However, I hit two snags. When I was readjusting the spring preload setting the right fork...cylinder? doesn't seem to move properly with the adjustment and I am unable to adjust the spring preload on that side less then 19mm. All I get is a click when I turn it. It was previously set at 25mm and the inner cylinder with the Rebound Damping Force adjustment moves with the spring preload screw and doesnt 'popup' like the other side.

Here's a picture if that description doesn't make sense.

Any idea's from someone with a little more experience working with bikes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am about to bring mine back to OEM height, not sure why anyone would lower a sport bike . Anyway do you have any good suggestions to make it anymore easier? Then Hopefully I don’t have your same issue. Sounds like you Ned to rebuild that fork.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,415 Posts
I am about to bring mine back to OEM height, not sure why anyone would lower a sport bike . Anyway do you have any good suggestions to make it anymore easier? Then Hopefully I don’t have your same issue. Sounds like you Ned to rebuild that fork.
12 year old dead thread revival FTW!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts