Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm reaching the end point in troubleshooting my bike. Engine won't fire. Battery is good because I've tried starting the bike with the battery jumpered and it's the same problem. Fuel pump is good because I disconnected the hose and had it pump into an empty container. The bike has no FI lights on. It does NOT click when starting, the starter sounds like it normally would but the engine doesn't fire - not even one sputter. THe spark plugs are good and the stick coil winding measurements checked out as well. I don't think it's bad gas because it would not start before I put it away for the winter last year. I have an aftermarket Jardine exhaust on it but it has run with it on before - ran a little rich but worked fine. There is a stopper for the butteryfly actuator that seems to be working properly. The vehicle down sensor is receiving voltage but I'm not sure if it's working properly. I think if it wasn't it'd bring up a FI indication though. So, Kawi friends, why isn't it starting?! Help please... I wanna get on the road!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts