Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so what year and style of Ninja do I look for to find compatable parts for my 05 zzr600? Is it straight across the board for any part???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey what's up sucafish!

I was checking out the zzr when I bought my bike and I'm pretty sure the salesguy said it was the same as the 2002 zx6r - I'm not 100% though..

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is the same as the 02 zx6. the only thing that changed is the badginng to zzr. Whats up sucafish!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice to have a home of our own.

It is sure great to have a home of our own, where Ninja's can secretly train to dominate the world:violent . Okay maybe I went a little too far, but it is still pretty cool. Thanks again Beans

·
Registered
8 Posts
anything from 00-02 will fit....I have an 05 ZZR as well. Also the change they made (other than the badging) is that they redesigned the from fairing brace to eliminate the need for that bracket from the frame that everyone complained got in the way. You can't use the front brace off of on 00-02 because you will have no support/place to mount the mirrors. Item from the tail section pieces from 98-00 seem to fit as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frame sliders?

Have any of you guys found any decent frame sliders, and where did you mount them. I think I found what looks to be the obvious spot, but I am not sure

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use vortex they seemed to do their job resonably well. If your talking about the side area as the "obvious spot to mount them you are correct. if you want to do it properly you need to cut the fairings and relocate the coolent resivour bottle to get a good tight connection to the frame. I didn't do this and as a result mine snapped off in the wreck, but they did prevent a significant amount of damage. But even with frame sliders if it goes down in anything but a tipover there will probably be some rash on the side no matter what.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thnaks man, that is what I thought. What did you use to cut the fairing? If you hadn't noticed I am a newb

·
Registered
8 Posts
i didn't cut my fairing (lazy) but you are supposed to cut the sunk in area that attatches to the frame. basically you lose the mounting support for the fairing in this spot but it's not suppost to matter. it's the upper most mounting hole in the center of the fairing....on the left side it's the one that holds the lip of the coolant resivour hence the reason you need to relocate it. I've seen everything including an old mountain dew bottle used as a substitue. No worries we're all newbs, but thanks to beans and others I picked it up fairly quick. The reson I chose vortwx sliders is because they are two piece so if you scratch one up you can just buy a replacement "puck" (outer black piece) instead of buying a whole new one. I suppose that a small hole saw bit and drill would be the weapon of choice to cut out the base of the hole but like I said I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sucafish said:
Thanks for all of your help Blackstar

no worries man I just help as I have been helped. If you do end up cutting your fairings take come pics and post them. I am interested to see how it looks..

·
Presidenté of Whoring
21,426 Posts
Okay so what year and style of Ninja do I look for to find compatable parts for my 05 zzr600? Is it straight across the board for any part???
Would that be considered a mini? :lol ecig humor

Edit: Uh oh. Either the app is broken, or the whore thread is starting to

1 - 12 of 12 Posts